Uttar Pradesh government today announced exemption of entertainment tax on National-award-winning documentary ‘Katiyabaaz’, which is based on the problem of power theft in Kanpur.
“The Chief Minister has made the announcement to make ‘Katiyabaaz’ entertainment tax free and has directed principal secretary, Power, to ask engineers of power department to watch the movie and draw inspiration to stop illegal connections,” an official spokesperson said here today.
‘Kanpur ki bijli ka raaz… Katiabaaz’ is jointly directed by Deepti Kakkar and Fahad Mustafa. Told through two protagonists — Loha Singh, a ‘katiyabaaz’ and Ritu Maheshwari, an IAS officer in Kanpur, the documentary features their battle to outsmart each other while the city of Kanpur reels through its biggest power crisis.
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Audience Reaction: Ranbir, Aishwarya, Anushka Starrer Gets A Thumbs Up
- Bigg Boss 10, October 27 Review: Navin, Lokesh Fights During The Immunity Task
- Shivaay Audience Reaction: Ajay Devgn Impresses Viewers
- Pakistan High Commission Staffer Caught With Defence Documents: What It Means For India & Pakistan
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing