Actor-filmmaker R. Parthiban, who is extremely delighted with the success of his latest Tamil directorial “Kathai Thirakkathai Vasanam Iyakkam”, says the film didn’t adhere to the regular style of storytelling because it was meant to break it.
When Parthiban announced “Kathai…” a few months back, he promoted it as a film without a story.
“For years, audiences have got used to a mundane style of storytelling. So, when I finally made a film that broke all stereotypes attached with storytelling, it was widely appreciated. This only means audiences are open to new kind of cinema,” Parthiban told IANS.
“If not me, then someone else would’ve done it. I think it was the timing that worked in favour of my film. This kind of film may not work again in future. Audiences are expecting some novelty in each film and when they find it, they’ll definitely reward it,” he said.
Parthiban’s film had released against Suriya-starrer “Anjaan”, and yet managed to emerge victorious.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
“Two days before the release of my film, I remember telling people to watch my film if they don’t get tickets for ‘Anjaan’. There’s absolutely no need to compete because the audience will choose the film they like to watch,” he said.
“My film had a very limited number of shows in the opening week. Gradually, it passed the test of time with good response and the shows were increased,” he added.
Parthiban said he didn’t even promote his film as aggressively as makers of “Anjaan” did.
“If they (audience) really like a film, they’ll re-watch it and even ask their friends to watch. The exact opposite happens with a bad film. I don’t see the need to go out of your way to promote a film. Good films are always appreciated by the audience,” Parthiban said.
“Kathai Thirakkathai Vasanam Iyakkam” that released Aug 15 features Thambi Ramaiah, Santhosh, Vijay Ram, Sahithya Jagannathan and Akila Kishore in important roles.