When actress Lakshmi Priyaa Chandramouli entered Tamil filmdom a few years back, she vowed to concentrate on being an actress and not transform into a heroine. She continues to do so and is happy with her career with five projects in her kitty.
“Out of the films I’m currently doing, I’m playing character roles in two of them. I’m doing them because I absolutely love the roles. I choose my characters based on the weightage of my role and not based on whether it’s a lead or not. I’m happy being an actress than heroine,” Lakshmi told IANS.
“I’m currently working on Studio Green project with Nayantara and Aari. I’m starting a Tamil supernatural film called ‘Kalam’ next month. I’ve finished shooting for Tamil thriller ‘Yagavarayinum Naa Kakka’ and a comedy film called ‘Kallappadam’. I also recently finished shooting for a Malayalam film called ‘Angels’,” she said.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
While Lakshmi remains tight-lipped about her roles in “Yagavarayinum Naa Kakka” and the film featuring Nayantara, she says she thoroughly enjoyed working with a bunch of newcomers in “Kallappadam”.
“It’s an interesting film (‘Kallappadam’). It features the film’s director, editor, cinematographer and music composer who play themselves in the movie. It’s about how first-timers try and make a film braving all the challenges thrown at them by the industry,” she said.
“I play a heroine who was successful but doesn’t have a market now. It’s a lighthearted comedy about these four characters and the movie they want to make. I thoroughly enjoyed working with the young team,” she added.
She also says working in “Angels” was an exhilarating experience.
“I don’t know Malayalam but I learnt the language for the film. In Tamil, we work from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. There they work from 6 a.m. to 9 p.m. They work long schedules completely without a break. They don’t even take Sundays off. If they have to finish a film in 30 days, they will finish it come what may,” she said.
“It was exciting working in a new industry and my co-star Indrajith (Sukumaran) was a through professional. There’s so much to learn from him,” Lakshmi said.