Bengali film actress Swastika Mukherjee was hospitalised after she fell on the floor during a late-night party.
Doctors at Apollo hospital did a surgery to remove some glass pieces from her arm. “There were some cut injuries. We don’t know how it happened. She is fine now and will be discharged soon,” said plastic surgeon Dr Kaushik Nandy.
Swastika’s sister Ajopa Mukherjee said she was partying when she fell down. “She got injuries on her head and hand. She was holding a glass, pieces of which got into her arm as she fell,” she said.
The incident however fuelled rumours in the film industry over whether the actress tried to commit suicide.
A divorcee, the 33-year-old is known for films like ‘Bye Bye Bangkok’, ‘Jaatishwar’ and ‘Mishawr Rawhoshyo’. She has also acted in the Hindi film ‘Mumbai Cutting’.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016