Essaying the role of a doctor, in two almost back-to-back films, actor Raima Sen says she finds the word ‘challenging’ cliched and repetitive.
“Yes in upcoming Hird Majharey I enact a cardiac surgeon. In Abosheshe I was a doctor. I became a psychiatrist in ‘Baari Tar Bangla’. There are varied roles on offer and all the role are challenging,” Raima told PTI.
“I give my best whichever role comes my way. This was also true for Hrid Majharay where I loved the way director Ranjan Ghosh dealt with the scenes, the way just one scene established me as an actor,” she says.
Raima, acclaimed for her sensuous portrayals in Noukadubi, Shabdo, C/O Sir to name a few, said, “We had a blast during the shoots in Andaman and Nicobar islands. Me, Abir and everybody in the unit enjoyed. But I won’t divulge why the outdoors were in Andaman and Nicobar. If the archipelago played its role.”
Ranajoy, who said Hird Majharey, taken from a popular Bengali song uniting the two frontiers, was inspired by Othello though the characters outwardly changed.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
Veteran actor Barun Chanda, playing a short but significant role in the flick, said, “If Bengali films are inspired from works of Shakespeare and Rabindranath Tagore, that is good, that shows our literary mindedness.”