Now that’s what one calls the ‘Aamir Khan effect’. Release date of his ‘Talaash’ being moved from June to November has resulted in quite a few equations getting impacted. Here is how:
– Now that Aamir is bringing his ‘Talaash’ later in the year,it would be exactly three years after ‘3 Idiots’ that he would be seen in a mainstream film. While this is a long enough break for his fans,what has turned out to be quite a euphoric moment for Akshay Kumar’s fans is that his ‘Rowdy Rathore’ is now occupying the slot vacated by ‘Talaash’. The film has been pre-poned from 15th June to 1st June
– This isn’t all as all of a sudden the makers of ‘Teri Meri Kahani’ too have joined the fray. The Kunal Kohli-Shahid Kapoor-Priyanka Chopra starrer is also eyeing 1st June instead of originally planned 22nd June.
– The real mayhem occurs in November though which has now become overcrowded due to ‘Talaash’ entering the scene. Though Aamir has made his intentions clear that he won’t challenge the Diwali releases like Yash Chopra-Shah Rukh Khan film,Ajay Devgn’s ‘Son of Sardar’ or Akshay Kumar’s ‘Khiladi 786’,it has been declared that the film would clash with Saif-John-Anil starrer ‘Race 2’ (30th November).
– If ‘Talaash’ thinks of moving one week ahead,it would have to contend with Anil Kapoor-John Abraham starrer ‘Shootout At Wadala’. Ekta Kapoor and Sanjay Gupta have already booked 7th December well in advance and aren’t expected to budge from their spot.
– For Kareena Kapoor as well as Rani Mukerji too it would be a period of continued promotion. Their ‘Heroine’ and ‘Aiyaa’ release in September which means they would be jumping from one movie to another without much of a break.
– Here is more. Farhan Akhtar is also shooting for ‘Bhaag Milkha Bhaag’ which is expected to be ready around the same timeframe (November/December). Since he is also the producer of ‘Talaash’,he may have to play the juggling game with his acting assignment.
– With quite a few equations going for a toss and permutations and combinations being drawn already,one waits to see if this doesn’t cause any adverse impact on shooting plans of ‘Dhoom 3’ and ‘Rock On’ sequel,both of which were expected to go on floors soon.