This was the first time the couple graced Karan’s couch and got down personal with the host as they spoke about their work,family,marriage and the film industry.
When asked by Karan why he took so long to appear on the chat show,the straight-forward Aamir Khan said,”I did not know you well two three years back and whatever little I knew about you,I did not like it.”
Aamir Khan opened about the relationship he shares with the other reigning Khans Shah Rukh Khan and Salman Khan.
About Shah Rukh Khan,Aamir said: “I think there is a genuine regard and respect for each other’s work and for each other’s space. There is also certain amount of guardedness. There is certainly a warmth between Shah Rukh and me but there have also been moments where there has been stress in the relationship.”
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
Asked whether he works to bridge the gap,Aamir said,”Our lives dont converge that much. He’s doing very well for himself; he’s got a great family and a great bunch of people around him. I don’t think he really needs me or has space in his life for me. I wish him well. I like to see his work an as audience.”
Aamir Khan also spoke about his friendship with actor Salman Khan revealing how he didnt take much to the star initially. “In ‘Andaaz Apna Apna’,I had a bad experience working with him (Salman) . I didn’t like him as I found him very rude and inconsiderate and a lot of things. Over the years whenever I met him,I was polite but after the experience of working with him in ‘Andaaz Apna Apna’,I just wanted to stay away from this guy. However,this changed sometime around when I split up with Reena (Aamir Khan’s first wife). He walked into my life at a juncture when I was at my lowest phase I was going through a very bad phase after my separation and divorce. For about a year and a half I was just locked up in my house and I was on a downslide. That’s when I bumped into him again and he said he wanted to come over. And he came over and we started drinking I was drinking a lot at that time,I don’t know how,but something connected there. It kind of grew,we began spending more time together, said Aamir Khan.
Aamir Khan was all praise for Salman Khan,saying,He is raw brute star power. Salman Khan just comes and he shakes his belt a couple of times,puts his goggles behind his shirt and everyone goes bananas… I don’t have that kind of stardom.”
Aamir Khan also admitted to how he tried to patch things up between Shah Rukh Khan and Salman Khan,saying that life is short and he himself is trying to work on being forgiving.
Aamir’s director wife Kiran Rao also joined the gentlemen on the set,looking stylish in a grey peplum blouse paired with a striking red pencil skirt and peep-toe heels.
Kiran spoke about the relationship she shared with Aamir’s family his mother,former wife Reena and children Ira and Junaid. “His family is just incredible. So I had my mum-in-law,sisters-in-law who not just accepted me but were really warm and are great fun Theyre great friends of mine.
“Reena is just wonderful and she’s done a super job with these kids. Aamir and I got a great deal with this super family. They are very intelligent kids very perceptive. They quite instinctively knew that I was a friend. And I really adore them. Even if we had not had Azad I would have felt very complete.
Aamir also joined in the conversation,saying his kids had taken up to Kiran long before the couple was married.
On being asked about insecurities she faces being married to a movie star,Kiran Rao said what worried her was losing the person she was in the glamour world. While Aamir said it was him who is insecure and fears losing Kiran.
Aamir also confessed he loves female attention and likes girls who are direct when it came to pickup lines. “A girl once told me ‘I want to sleep with you’. I didn’t say yes I was too embarrassed and too shy but I was impressed with that girl.”
The actor who’s about to create a stir at the box office with his soon-to-be released film,’Dhoom 3′ said that he’s extremely nervous about how the film will fare. “Don’t remind me please,” he said to Karan Johar when the filmmaker reminded him about the release drawing nearer.
Talking about the new talent today in the industry,Aamir Khan admits to having a favourite Ranbir Kapoor. I think hes a fantastic actor. Hes one actor I look at and feel I need to learn from him. When I saw Ranbir I thought what am he doing that Im not.
And lastly Aamir Khan revealed that according to him Kangana Ranaut was the sexiest actress he knew.