A number of renowned poets from across the country will participate in the 21st Rashtriya Kavi Sammelan scheduled to be held here on the eve of Republic Day it was announced today.
Advocate B L Sharma, the organiser of the Sammelan said the event has been jointly organised by the Hindi Bashik Ekta Parishad and Rajastani Seva Samiti.
The Sammelan will be held at Ram Ganesh Gadkari Rangayatan on January 25 (Saturday) from 7 pm to midnight. Senior advocate and MP Ram Jethmalani will inaugurate the event. Thane Police Commissioner K P Raghuvanashi, Thane District Collector P Velrasu and Justice (Rtd) Jayat Chitre of the Bombay High Court will be the chief guests for the function.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
The prominent poets who will present their works include Hariom Pawar (Meerut) Pradeep Choubey (Gwalior); Surendra Dubey (Raipur); Vinu Mahendra (Mumbai); Dileep Sharma (Pune); and Anamika Jain Ambar (Meerut).
The Kavi Sameelan will be compered by Sashikant Yadav (Devas, MP).
Organisers said that three awards will be given away on the occasion. The first award Sahitya Ratna Puraskar–given in memory of noted poet Dr Harivanshrai Bachchan, will be handed over to eminent literary figure Suryaban Gupta.
Saheed Lt Abhay Parikh of Jaipur will be given the Maharana Pratap Shourya Puraskar while the Chattrapati Shivaji Maharaj Gourav Puraskar will be given to Krishna Patil, who scaled the Everest at the age of 19, the youngest woman in the country, to have achieved this feat.
Thane Mayor Harishchandra S Patil, CIDCO Chairman Pramod Hindurao, Dr Ramnivas Central Excise Commissioner, Joint Police Commissioner Bipin Kumar Singh, MLA Rajan Vichare, MLA Advocate Chintaman Wanga, Ajitabh Bachchan (industrialist), Prem Shukla (Editor, Dopahar Ka Samna) and Adv Yeshwant Mhaskar (President, Thane District Courts Bar Association) will also be present on the occasion.