A number of renowned poets from across the country will participate in the 21st Rashtriya Kavi Sammelan scheduled to be held here on the eve of Republic Day it was announced today.
Advocate B L Sharma, the organiser of the Sammelan said the event has been jointly organised by the Hindi Bashik Ekta Parishad and Rajastani Seva Samiti.
The Sammelan will be held at Ram Ganesh Gadkari Rangayatan on January 25 (Saturday) from 7 pm to midnight. Senior advocate and MP Ram Jethmalani will inaugurate the event. Thane Police Commissioner K P Raghuvanashi, Thane District Collector P Velrasu and Justice (Rtd) Jayat Chitre of the Bombay High Court will be the chief guests for the function.
The prominent poets who will present their works include Hariom Pawar (Meerut) Pradeep Choubey (Gwalior); Surendra Dubey (Raipur); Vinu Mahendra (Mumbai); Dileep Sharma (Pune); and Anamika Jain Ambar (Meerut).
The Kavi Sameelan will be compered by Sashikant Yadav (Devas, MP).
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
Organisers said that three awards will be given away on the occasion. The first award Sahitya Ratna Puraskar–given in memory of noted poet Dr Harivanshrai Bachchan, will be handed over to eminent literary figure Suryaban Gupta.
Saheed Lt Abhay Parikh of Jaipur will be given the Maharana Pratap Shourya Puraskar while the Chattrapati Shivaji Maharaj Gourav Puraskar will be given to Krishna Patil, who scaled the Everest at the age of 19, the youngest woman in the country, to have achieved this feat.
Thane Mayor Harishchandra S Patil, CIDCO Chairman Pramod Hindurao, Dr Ramnivas Central Excise Commissioner, Joint Police Commissioner Bipin Kumar Singh, MLA Rajan Vichare, MLA Advocate Chintaman Wanga, Ajitabh Bachchan (industrialist), Prem Shukla (Editor, Dopahar Ka Samna) and Adv Yeshwant Mhaskar (President, Thane District Courts Bar Association) will also be present on the occasion.