The death of legendary actress Zohra Sehgal on Thursday (July 10) left the film industry mourning in extreme grief.
No sooner had the news of her demise was out, celebrities from Bollywood and friends and admirers of the live wire personality, took to social media to pay their tributes to her.
Actors, filmmakers, among others shifted between nostalgia and melancholia, in recalling her extraordinary career as actor and choreographer, the twin hats that she wore with equal aplomb.
Filmmaker Madhur Bahndarkar paid his homage by sharing a vintage picture of her from the 1940s on the micro-blogging site. “Zohra Sehgal, during a stage performance…” he said on his account. (Read: The Grand Old Lady of Indian cinema who never aged)
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Sehgal, who died at about 4:30 PM in a hospital in the national capital following a cardiac arrest, forever remained
a symbol of joy and energy, both, for those who had the opportunity to work with her and those who just knew her persona through screen.
Union Information and Broadcasting Minister Prakash Javadekar too expressed his heartfelt tribute. “My condolences on the sad demise of the veteran actress Zohra Sehgal. Her legendary contribution in the field of art & cinema will live on,” he tweeted.
Television producer Siddharth Basu tweeted,” Forever young at heart & in spirit even at 102, the irrepressibly endearing Zohra Sehgal finally belongs to the ages. May she rest in peace.”
Actress Diya Mirza also joined in paying her tribute to the “grand old lady” on Twitter. “102 years of greatness. I
will always love you. Zohraji. RIP. #GrandOldLady of #IndianCinema. #ZohraSehgal.” Mirza said.
Actress Priyanka Chopra called it an honour to know the centenarian, who wowed everyone during her lifetime with her matchless reserves of energy. “102 n a legacy that will always be a part of India cinema. It was an honour to know #ZohraSehgal and to be a part of films while she was. RIP”.