Actress Shilpa Shetty, an ardent follower of yoga, says the ancient Indian practice of staying fit should not be mixed with politics.
The 40-year-old “Life In a Metro” star’s comment came after many politicians called the International Yoga Day celebrations a political affair.
“My relation with yoga is on a whole different level. It’s very spiritual. If you want to change your lifestyle with yoga then it should be kept away from politics,” Shilpa told reporters here.
The actress was in the capital with husband Raj Kundra to launch celebrity-endorsed products of Best Deal TV exclusively on Amazon.
- VIDEO: Shilpa Shetty overcoming her fears and doing this asana is all the motivation you need today
- International Yoga Day 2017: Shilpa Shetty does a real tough asana and we're impressed. Watch video
- International Yoga Day 2017: From Kareena Kapoor to Malaika Arora, Bollywood actors who stay forever young with yoga
- International Yoga Day 2017: Shilpa Shetty is the best mascot for yoga, watch videos
- Shilpa Shetty to pen book on health, nutrition
- There is certain apathy towards yoga in India: Shilpa Shetty
Asked how frequently she does online shopping, “I am a big shopaholic unfortunately and my husband’s credit card bill is the proof of that. I shop everything online including home decor stuff. I feel online shopping is best because it’s very convenient and also give an advantage of choosing from an array of products.”
The mother of one, who is busy in parenting her three-year-old son Viaan Raj Kundra, is also planning to pen a book on health and nutrition to emphasize the importance of Indian food.
“I really have been passionate about making people aware of nutrition because that is an important part of good health. If you are working out and not eating right then it’s all futile. I also feel that people have forgotten how amazing the Indian food is to have a good health,” she said.
Shilpa has so far no intentions of making a full-fledged comeback to the big screen after a small appearance at last year’s Sunny Deol-Harman Baweja starrer “Dishkiyaoon”, which was produced by her.
“My son is my priority and I am a full-time homemaker and rest is part-time. I love being a mother and wife. I will do something on big screen when right time comes. But I will definitely do TV,” she said.
The actress, who participated in the “Celebrity Big Brother”, judged dance reality show “Nach Baliye” in the past.