Veteran actress Sadhana, who is known for her films like ‘Love In Simla’, ‘Who Kaun Thi’, ‘Mera Saaya’ and ‘Ek Phool Do Mali’, finally came out of hiding on Sunday (May 11) and walked the ramp for a fashion show organised by designers Shaina NC and Vikram Phadnis in support of cancer and AIDS patients.
The actress looked elegant in a pink net sari as she took her place on the ramp. She was escorted by Bollywood heartthrob Ranbir Kapoor.
Sandhana is the aunt of Bollywood actresses Karisma and Kareena Kapoor, (Babita’s cousin). She rose to fame with her 1960’s film ‘Love In Simla’. On the sets, love blossomed between her and the film’s director, R. K Nayyar. After much opposition from her parents, the duo tied the knot on March 7, 1966.
They were happily married for 30 years, till R K Nayyar passed away due to asthma in 1955. They had no children.
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swam Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
Sadhana then suffered from a disorder of her eyes due to hyperthyroidism and received treatment for the condition in Boston. She returned to films and had a successful comeback with ‘Intaqam’, ‘Ek Phool Do Mali’, ‘Aap Aaye Bahaar Ayee’, etc.
However, after her retirement, Sadhana chose to remain in the shadows as she did not wish her audience to see her as an aged woman. She hoped that they would remember her from her younger days.
Sadhana was awarded with a Lifetime Achievement Award by the International Indian Film Academy (IIFA) in 2002. She currently resides in Mumbai, as a tenant in an apartment building owned by singer Asha Bhosle.
The charity fashion show also saw both television and film personalities including Ranbir Kapoor, Vivek Oberoi, Neil Nitin Mukesh, Sakshi Tanwar, Rashmi Desai and Vidya Malvade among others.