Veteran actress Sadhana, who is known for her films like ‘Love In Simla’, ‘Who Kaun Thi’, ‘Mera Saaya’ and ‘Ek Phool Do Mali’, finally came out of hiding on Sunday (May 11) and walked the ramp for a fashion show organised by designers Shaina NC and Vikram Phadnis in support of cancer and AIDS patients.
The actress looked elegant in a pink net sari as she took her place on the ramp. She was escorted by Bollywood heartthrob Ranbir Kapoor.
Sandhana is the aunt of Bollywood actresses Karisma and Kareena Kapoor, (Babita’s cousin). She rose to fame with her 1960’s film ‘Love In Simla’. On the sets, love blossomed between her and the film’s director, R. K Nayyar. After much opposition from her parents, the duo tied the knot on March 7, 1966.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
They were happily married for 30 years, till R K Nayyar passed away due to asthma in 1955. They had no children.
Sadhana then suffered from a disorder of her eyes due to hyperthyroidism and received treatment for the condition in Boston. She returned to films and had a successful comeback with ‘Intaqam’, ‘Ek Phool Do Mali’, ‘Aap Aaye Bahaar Ayee’, etc.
However, after her retirement, Sadhana chose to remain in the shadows as she did not wish her audience to see her as an aged woman. She hoped that they would remember her from her younger days.
Sadhana was awarded with a Lifetime Achievement Award by the International Indian Film Academy (IIFA) in 2002. She currently resides in Mumbai, as a tenant in an apartment building owned by singer Asha Bhosle.
The charity fashion show also saw both television and film personalities including Ranbir Kapoor, Vivek Oberoi, Neil Nitin Mukesh, Sakshi Tanwar, Rashmi Desai and Vidya Malvade among others.