Celebrated author Chetan Bhagat, who is co-producing the upcoming film adaptation of his novel Half Girlfriend, has been spending time at the shoot of the film. He says filmmaking requires more hard work than writing a book.
Bhagat took to Twitter on Monday (June 27) to share his experience from the film’s set.
- Ramsay Brothers discovered the magic of horror from a Prithviraj Kapoor film
- Scoring high percentage not enough, students should know how to market themselves: Chetan Bhagat
- Half Girlfriend writer Chetan Bhagat: Arjun Kapoor-Shraddha Kapoor are somewhere in between full and nothing, hence the term ‘half’
- Being Chetan Bhagat: Here’s what the One Indian Girl author thinks of critics, trolls and more
- Chetan Bhagat’s next novel will be this Diwali
- Chetan Bhagat tweets about Half Girlfriend and Twitterati are not joking (for a change)
“First time on film set from start to finish. So much hard work! New found respect for filmmakers. Pen and paper so much simpler! ‘Half Girlfriend’,” he tweeted.
First time on film set from start to finish.So much hard work!New found respect for filmmakers.Pen & paper so much simpler! #HalfGirlfriend
— Chetan Bhagat (@chetan_bhagat) June 27, 2016
This is not the first time that Bhagat’s book is being adapted for the screen. His previous novels like Five Point Someone, One Night @ the Call Center, The 3 Mistakes of My Life and 2 States: The Story of My Marriage have earlier been adapted into films.
Half Girlfriend is set for a worldwide release on April 28 next year.