Would love to play heroine in a Yash Raj film: Alia Bhatt

Alia Bhatt who made her debut with 'Student of the Year' also expressed desire to be part of a Yash Raj Film.

By: Press Trust of India | Mumbai | Published:May 31, 2014 10:26 am
Alia Bhatt also expressed desire to do an action film. Alia Bhatt also expressed desire to do an action film.

Actress Alia Bhatt says playing the female lead in a Yash Raj film is on her wish list.

“Everybody aspires to be a Yash Raj heroine. I would love to be Yash Raj heroine… I haven’t reached there but hopefully one day I will,” Alia, 21, said at the store launch of Diva’ni, the first Bollywood inspired fashion line by Yash Raj Films, last night.

“The whole point of this collection was how Yashji would display all his heroines so it has fusion of romance, elegance, glamour and all of that. Whatever outfit I like I will pick that up,” she added.

The production house has partnered with Karol Bagh Saree House (KBSH) to create the label. Diva’ni will reflect the way late filmmaker Yash Chopra envisioned his heroines.

Alia, who made her debut with light hearted film ‘Student of the Year’ also expressed desire to do an action film. “I can’t walk steady but hopefully one day I will do an action film,” she said.

The young actress is excited about her next release ‘Humpty Sharma Ki Dhulania’ with Varun Dhawan. “It (film) is not straight out from ‘Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge’. We are paying a tribute to all major love stories. When we talk about love stories then the first thing that comes to our mind is DDLJ, it was an epic love story. It is a filmy love story,” Alia said.

The actress has drawn flak for her lack of general knowledge especially about politics after giving wrong answers on a chat show hosted by filmmaker Karan Johar.

When asked Alia how much is she updated now, she replied, “I know whenever you see me you will ask me about politics. I know our Prime Minister is Narendra Modi. And Smriti Irani is one of the cabinet ministers and I am very happy for her.”

For all the latest Entertainment News, download Indian Express App

1. V
    vishal kher
    May 31, 2014 at 8:34 am
    Announce 12 Result of Commerce 2014, The result was 66.35% 12 કોમર્સ 2014નું રિઝલ્ટ જાહેર, 66.35% આવ્યું પરિણામ... :fb.me/37TQbz9JV
    1. V
      vishal kher
      May 31, 2014 at 8:34 am
      E-commerce will create 50 thousand jobs opportunity ઇ-કોમર્સ માં ૫૦ હજાર રોજગારીની તક સર્જાશે ઇ કોમર્સમાં આગામી... :fb.me/2N3Awxl4W
      1. V
        vishal kher
        May 31, 2014 at 8:34 am
        Madhur Bhandarkar will made film on Narendra Modi. મધુર ભંડારકર નરેન્દ્ર મોદી પર ફિલ્મ બનાવશે. ચાંદની બાર,... :fb.me/2aJV4bUo7
        1. V
          vishal kher
          May 31, 2014 at 8:34 am
          Modi will doing work, then come better days : Anna Hazare મોદી કામ કરશે, સારા દિવસો આવશે: અન્‍ના હઝારે સામાજીક... :fb.me/3hnm38A43
          1. V
            vishal kher
            May 31, 2014 at 8:33 am
            Salman Khan refused to to work with Sunny Leone. સલમાન ખાને સની લિયોન સાથે કામ કરવાની ના કહી દીધી દિગ્‍દર્શક... :fb.me/2RuGQQP0h
            1. V
              vishal kher
              May 31, 2014 at 8:34 am
              The new TV show "Anupam Kher Show - Kuchh bhi ho sakta hai" : Anupam Kher will host નવો ટીવી શો ‘ધ અનુપમ ખેર શો-... :fb.me/7oAwXaGSp
              1. V
                vishal kher
                May 31, 2014 at 8:33 am
                The school's admission up to 12 to 21 June ૧૨થી ૨૧ જૂન સુધી 'શાળા પ્રવેશોત્સવ' રાજ્ય સરકાર દ્વારા દર વર્ષની... :fb.me/1kaBCDvZp
                1. V
                  vishal kher
                  May 31, 2014 at 8:34 am
                  ૪૦૦ રૂપિયા કમાવા માટે શું મગરના મોમાં માથું મૂકીને સૂઇ શકો તમે? થાઇલેન્‍ડના પટાયા ક્રોકોડાઇલ ફાર્મમાં લોકોના... :fb.me/3FqN9ZIZy