Filmmaker Mahesh Bhatt says his nephew Emraan Hashmi will continue to be a part of hit franchises like ‘Raaz’ and ‘Murder’.
There were reports that actor Sidharth Malhotra, who will be seen in Bhatt’s upcoming film ‘Ek Villain’, will be part of the forthcoming installments of ‘Raaz’ and ‘Murder’. A report claimed that Sidharth had signed a multiple-film deal with the banner (Vishesh Films).
Quashing such reports, Bhatt said only Emraan will take forward the franchises.
“Going by the numbers, it is impossible for us to separate the ‘Murder’ and ‘Raaz’ franchises from Emraan. He is an integral and inseparable part of the brand,” Mahesh Bhatt said in a statement.
Citing the example of ‘Murder 3’ (2013), which starred Randeep Hooda and Aditi Rao Hydari, Bhatt said, “We have burnt our fingers thoroughly with ‘Murder 3’, a venture Emraan did not spearhead, and we do not plan to repeat that. Whoever is spreading these rumours (of Sidharth doing the franchise) has vested interests and is way out of line.”
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
“I hope this puts the malice to rest…we will not make (the next) ‘Murder’ or ‘Raaz’ without Emraan,” he said.
Before starting his journey as an actor, Emraan worked with Vishesh Films as an assistant director on Vikram Bhatt’s ‘Raaz’ (2002).
In 2003, he made his acting debut with Bhatt’s ‘Footpath’ and was then seen in erotic thriller ‘Murder’ (2004), which was successful at the box office.
Subsequently, Emraan appeared in several hit films, mostly under the Vishesh Films banner, like ‘Zeher’, ‘Kalyug’
‘Gangster’, ‘Awarapan’, ‘Jannat’, ‘Raaz – The Mystery Continues’, ‘Murder 2’, ‘Jannat 2’, ‘Raaz 3D’ and others.