Filmmaker Mahesh Bhatt says his nephew Emraan Hashmi will continue to be a part of hit franchises like ‘Raaz’ and ‘Murder’.
There were reports that actor Sidharth Malhotra, who will be seen in Bhatt’s upcoming film ‘Ek Villain’, will be part of the forthcoming installments of ‘Raaz’ and ‘Murder’. A report claimed that Sidharth had signed a multiple-film deal with the banner (Vishesh Films).
Quashing such reports, Bhatt said only Emraan will take forward the franchises.
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Audience Reaction: Ranbir, Aishwarya, Anushka Starrer Gets A Thumbs Up
- Bigg Boss 10, October 27 Review: Navin, Lokesh Fights During The Immunity Task
- Shivaay Audience Reaction: Ajay Devgn Impresses Viewers
- Pakistan High Commission Staffer Caught With Defence Documents: What It Means For India & Pakistan
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
“Going by the numbers, it is impossible for us to separate the ‘Murder’ and ‘Raaz’ franchises from Emraan. He is an integral and inseparable part of the brand,” Mahesh Bhatt said in a statement.
Citing the example of ‘Murder 3’ (2013), which starred Randeep Hooda and Aditi Rao Hydari, Bhatt said, “We have burnt our fingers thoroughly with ‘Murder 3’, a venture Emraan did not spearhead, and we do not plan to repeat that. Whoever is spreading these rumours (of Sidharth doing the franchise) has vested interests and is way out of line.”
“I hope this puts the malice to rest…we will not make (the next) ‘Murder’ or ‘Raaz’ without Emraan,” he said.
Before starting his journey as an actor, Emraan worked with Vishesh Films as an assistant director on Vikram Bhatt’s ‘Raaz’ (2002).
In 2003, he made his acting debut with Bhatt’s ‘Footpath’ and was then seen in erotic thriller ‘Murder’ (2004), which was successful at the box office.
Subsequently, Emraan appeared in several hit films, mostly under the Vishesh Films banner, like ‘Zeher’, ‘Kalyug’
‘Gangster’, ‘Awarapan’, ‘Jannat’, ‘Raaz – The Mystery Continues’, ‘Murder 2’, ‘Jannat 2’, ‘Raaz 3D’ and others.