Director Mrigdeep Singh Lamba says he is working on the sequel of ‘Fukrey’, but it has to be more entertaining than the first part.
After the success of ‘Fukrey’, Excel Entertainment, which produced the film, decided to make a sequel.
“We are working on the script for ‘Fukrey 2’. We are working on few ideas for it but nothing is finalised yet. If we don’t get a good idea then we won’t make the sequel. We don’t intend to make the sequel just for the heck of it. We don’t want to cash in on the popularity of the first part,” Lamba told PTI.
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
- Hillary Clinton accuses Donald Trump of being Vladimir Putin’s ‘puppet’
- Senior UP Congress Leader Rita Bahuguna Joshi Joins BJP
- Missing JNU Student: VC Gives Ultimatum To Students Over ‘Illegal Confinement’
- US Presidential Debate: Donald Trump Calls Hillary Clinton ‘A Nasty Woman’
- Hasselblad True Zoom Mod Review
- Honor 8 First Look Video
- Apple Watch 2: Review, Price And Features
- Delhi HC Dismisses Kejriwal’s Plea For Stay In Criminal Defamation Case
- Gulzar Shares An Interesting Anecdote Behind The Lyrics of ‘Humne Dekhi Hai’ Song
- Diya Mirza Displays Her Painting Skills At An Art Festival In Mumbai
“There is a pressure to make the sequel as it has to be better than the first one.”
Directed by Lamba, ‘Fukrey’ had Pulkit Samrat, Varun Sharma, Manjot Singh, Priya Anand, Richa Chadda and Vishakha Singh. The film, released in June 2013, turned out to be a sleeper hit of the year.
“We did not expect that the film will do well. It feels great when such new ideas and films get acceptance. The film had a repeat value which is encouraging,” Lamba said.