We’re in for two releases this Friday – Kangana Ranaut’s ‘Queen’ and ‘Gulaab Gang’ starring Madhuri Dixit and Juhi Chawla. In keeping with the Women’s Day celebrations this weekend, both films revolve around strong female characters.
This weekend’s first release, ‘Gulaab Gang’ is centered on the struggle of women in the country. It tells the story of a gang of Indian women dressed in pink coloured saris, fighting against social injustice, operating in Central India.
This is the first time that one time contemporaries Madhuri Dixit and Juhi Chawla will be seen sharing screen space. The film is produced by ‘RA.One’ director Anubhav Sinha and directed by debutant director Soumik Sen.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
While Madhuri Dixit will be seen essaying the role of an aggressive fiery crusader, Juhi Chawla will be seen in a negative role of a stubborn politician.
‘Gulaab Gang’ had got into a bit of a trouble with the Delhi High court issuing a restraint order against the release, broadcast, distribution and promotion of the movie till May on a plea filed by social activist Sampat Pal Devi, founder of the “Gulabi Gang” — a women’s movement in Uttar Pradesh.
According to the plea, production house Sahara One media had “adapted” Devi’s life “as reflected in her website”, and “portrayed the life and work of the plaintiff and her organisation in a horrific manner”.
But now things seem to have been sorted and the Delhi HC has lifted ban on the movie and given a go ahead to the film’s release.
Next release of the week is Kangana Ranaut’s ‘Queen’ is already making waves with the Bollywood folk. The makers had organised quite a few special screenings prior to the release and the film including its leading lady has been at the receiving end of much praise.
Directed by Vikas Bahl, ‘Queen’ tells the tale of a simple Indian girl who goes abroad on her honeymoon by herself after getting dumped few days before the wedding. The film also stars model-turned-actress Lisa Haydon and ‘Kai Po Che’ actor Rajkumar Rao.
Kangana who is constantly praised for her fashion sense has gone de-glam for the role and we’re eagerly waiting to see her surprise us on screen once more.