We’re in for two releases this Friday – Kangana Ranaut’s ‘Queen’ and ‘Gulaab Gang’ starring Madhuri Dixit and Juhi Chawla. In keeping with the Women’s Day celebrations this weekend, both films revolve around strong female characters.
This weekend’s first release, ‘Gulaab Gang’ is centered on the struggle of women in the country. It tells the story of a gang of Indian women dressed in pink coloured saris, fighting against social injustice, operating in Central India.
This is the first time that one time contemporaries Madhuri Dixit and Juhi Chawla will be seen sharing screen space. The film is produced by ‘RA.One’ director Anubhav Sinha and directed by debutant director Soumik Sen.
While Madhuri Dixit will be seen essaying the role of an aggressive fiery crusader, Juhi Chawla will be seen in a negative role of a stubborn politician.
‘Gulaab Gang’ had got into a bit of a trouble with the Delhi High court issuing a restraint order against the release, broadcast, distribution and promotion of the movie till May on a plea filed by social activist Sampat Pal Devi, founder of the “Gulabi Gang” — a women’s movement in Uttar Pradesh.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
According to the plea, production house Sahara One media had “adapted” Devi’s life “as reflected in her website”, and “portrayed the life and work of the plaintiff and her organisation in a horrific manner”.
But now things seem to have been sorted and the Delhi HC has lifted ban on the movie and given a go ahead to the film’s release.
Next release of the week is Kangana Ranaut’s ‘Queen’ is already making waves with the Bollywood folk. The makers had organised quite a few special screenings prior to the release and the film including its leading lady has been at the receiving end of much praise.
Directed by Vikas Bahl, ‘Queen’ tells the tale of a simple Indian girl who goes abroad on her honeymoon by herself after getting dumped few days before the wedding. The film also stars model-turned-actress Lisa Haydon and ‘Kai Po Che’ actor Rajkumar Rao.
Kangana who is constantly praised for her fashion sense has gone de-glam for the role and we’re eagerly waiting to see her surprise us on screen once more.