It was bonding time for Bollywood fashionista Sonam Kapoor and Hollywood star Andie MacDowell at the 68th Cannes International Film Festival here. The Indian actress gave a special gift to MacDowell to celebrate her association with a beauty brand.
The “Khoobsurat” actress presented the gift as a token to celebrate MacDowell’s association with L’Oréal Paris for 30 years. The face of Revitalift Skincare range, MacDowell has been a part of the L’Oréal Paris family since 1985.
The 29-year-old, who is attending the film gala as a L’Oréal Paris ambassador for the fifth year, heard about MacDowell’s relationship with the brand and she decided to surprise the “Four Weddings and a Funeral” actress in her own way.
As a sweet gesture, Sonam sent a congratulatory gift to MacDowell’s suite that was brought especially from India, read a statement.
Overwhelmed by Sonam’s gesture, MacDowell hugged Sonam and thanked her for the gift. The two were seen bonding over MacDowell’s long journey of 30 years with the brand and even posed for the cameras together.
After turning the red carpet of the gala into blue with her cobalt blue floor-sweeping gown, Sonam picked an Elie Saab creation in lime green colour with a combination of ruffled features, sequins and embroidered appliques.
- Sonam Kapoor at Cannes 2017: Sonam has this to say to critics, naysayers after her solid gold red carpet appearance. See photo
- Sonam Kapoor charms Cannes 2015 in feathery Elie Saab and as a ‘butterfly’
- Cannes 2015: Sonam Kapoor’s outing in blue
- Sonam Kapoor set to surprise all at Cannes fest 2015
- Katrina Kaif, Sonam Kapoor to make Cannes red carpet appearance twice
- Aishwarya Rai,Sonam Kapoor,Freida Pinto to walk the red carpet at Cannes
Hollywood beauty MacDowell, 57, slipped into a summery tangerine flowing gown with a plunging neckline.
Another milestone that marked the event was 30 years of Color Riche lipsticks and the brand celebrated the benchmark by auctioning the Chopard ruby encrusted lipstick.