Actress Vidya Balan said that she hopes to win an Oscar award. “I have never thought of winning an Oscar. Rather I never thought I would get the Padma Shri. I think God has been kind to me. I think getting Oscar award is not too far away,” Vidya, who is the ambassador of the Indian Film Festival of Melbourne Awards, said at a press conference, where she also announced nominations for the award function, scheduled to take place from May 1 to May 11.
Vidya said she is with the response her recently released film ‘Shaadi Ke Side Effects’ received.
“People enjoyed the film and it feels good. I hope the film makes a mark. Life has been kind to me. I am happy with the love and appreciation that I have been getting throughout my career. I feel blessed. I try to do diverse and different roles,” she said.
When asked if she plans to join politics, Vidya says she had no such plans.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review