Actress Vidya Balan said that she hopes to win an Oscar award. “I have never thought of winning an Oscar. Rather I never thought I would get the Padma Shri. I think God has been kind to me. I think getting Oscar award is not too far away,” Vidya, who is the ambassador of the Indian Film Festival of Melbourne Awards, said at a press conference, where she also announced nominations for the award function, scheduled to take place from May 1 to May 11.
Vidya said she is with the response her recently released film ‘Shaadi Ke Side Effects’ received.
“People enjoyed the film and it feels good. I hope the film makes a mark. Life has been kind to me. I am happy with the love and appreciation that I have been getting throughout my career. I feel blessed. I try to do diverse and different roles,” she said.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
When asked if she plans to join politics, Vidya says she had no such plans.