Alia Bhatt, daughter of filmmaker Mahesh Bhatt, is yet to work with her family production house and the young actress says she will wait till the right film comes her way.
Ever since making her debut, Alia has signed three other big banner films but none of them are with Vishesh Films production.
“I am not being offered any film. They are launching other people… giving 100 crore to other people. But jokes apart I think they are waiting for the right project and the right time. Till now nothing has come my way. It will happen. And when it does it will be with a bang,” Alia said.
The actress will be next seen in director’s Imtiaz Ali’s road drama ‘Highway’, in which she will be seen in a de-glamourised avatar in the film as city girl Veera, who gets kidnapped and eventually finds freedom in her bondage.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
When asked how she researched for her character, Alia said, “My only training came from Imtiaz. I don’t like to get reference from anyone because the spontaneity goes away. Unless it really requires like if I play a lawyer or something
then I will do some research for body language.
“This film required my character to be me. This urban city girl, who has been untouched. The character really fascinated me, especially her transition,” she added.
The actress has also turned singer with this film and has sung two songs ‘Sooha Saha’ and ‘Patakha Guddi’ composed by music maestro AR Rahman.
But Alia is not considering it as a career option and feels playback singing should not be eliminated.
“We have got some really good playback singers… the industry has some beautiful voices. It is interesting also that actors do their own singing. I don’t know about singing in other films but I am intrigued to learn music. Rahman sir insisted that I should learn,” Alia said.
‘Highway’ also stars Randeep Hooda and the film will hit theatres on February 21.