Alia Bhatt, daughter of filmmaker Mahesh Bhatt, is yet to work with her family production house and the young actress says she will wait till the right film comes her way.
The 20-year-old actress, who made her Bollywood debut in 2010 with Karan Johar’s ‘Student Of The Year’, did work in Mukesh Bhatt’s ‘Sangharsh’ where she played the young Preity Zinta.
Ever since making her debut, Alia has signed three other big banner films but none of them are with Vishesh Films production.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
“I am not being offered any film. They are launching other people… giving 100 crore to other people. But jokes apart I think they are waiting for the right project and the right time. Till now nothing has come my way. It will happen. And when it does it will be with a bang,” Alia said.
The actress will be next seen in director’s Imtiaz Ali’s road drama ‘Highway’, in which she will be seen in a de-glamourised avatar in the film as city girl Veera, who gets kidnapped and eventually finds freedom in her bondage.
When asked how she researched for her character, Alia said, “My only training came from Imtiaz. I don’t like to get reference from anyone because the spontaneity goes away. Unless it really requires like if I play a lawyer or something
then I will do some research for body language.
“This film required my character to be me. This urban city girl, who has been untouched. The character really fascinated me, especially her transition,” she added.
The actress has also turned singer with this film and has sung two songs ‘Sooha Saha’ and ‘Patakha Guddi’ composed by music maestro AR Rahman.
But Alia is not considering it as a career option and feels playback singing should not be eliminated.
“We have got some really good playback singers… the industry has some beautiful voices. It is interesting also that actors do their own singing. I don’t know about singing in other films but I am intrigued to learn music. Rahman sir insisted that I should learn,” Alia said.
‘Highway’ also stars Randeep Hooda and the film will hit theatres on February 21.