Director Omung Kumar says that he will start shooting for his biopic on Sarabjit from November 25.
“I have finished Recee for Sarbjit (film). I just got back from Punjab. I went to Patiala and Delhi,” Kumar told media at the premier of Hollywood film “Beauty and The Beast”.
“I will start shooting from November 25,” added the director.
The film is based on Sarabjit Singh, an Indian farmer who was convicted of terrorism and spying in Pakistan and was sentenced to death. He was attacked by inmates at a prison in Lahore in April 2013 and died a few days later.
- Navratri 2017: 3 ways to wear white on Panchami (Day 5)
- Archaeological relics mistaken for deities: researchers
- Mumbai's Veera Desai Road: Waterlogged during monsoon, stretch was once called Venice
- NCB staffer arrested in drug case seeks bail
- Baahubali 2 television premiere: Prabhas, SS Rajamouli and Rana Daggubati all set to make us nostalgic
- 24-hour shopping: Maharashtra Governor gives nod to Bill
Kumar was spotted at Sarabjit’s sister Dalbir Kaur’s house in Patiala. He also visited the Wagah border and the small villages near the border along with his team.
The film features actress Aishwarya Rai Bachchan, who will be seen playing the role of Sarabjit’s sister Dalbir Kaur. The title role will be played by Randeep Hooda.