Director Omung Kumar says that he will start shooting for his biopic on Sarabjit from November 25.
“I have finished Recee for Sarbjit (film). I just got back from Punjab. I went to Patiala and Delhi,” Kumar told media at the premier of Hollywood film “Beauty and The Beast”.
“I will start shooting from November 25,” added the director.
The film is based on Sarabjit Singh, an Indian farmer who was convicted of terrorism and spying in Pakistan and was sentenced to death. He was attacked by inmates at a prison in Lahore in April 2013 and died a few days later.
- Movie on Sarabjit Singh: Director has no doubts on story told by Dalbir Kaur
- Aishwarya Rai in Punjab for 'Sarbjit' shooting
- Randeep Hooda, Darshan Kumaar start shooting for 'Sarabjit' biopic
- Omung Kumar plans to screen Sarabjit Singh biopic at Cannes next year
- Aishwarya Rai Bachchan took just 15 minutes to accept Sarabjit biopic: Omung
- Mary Kom director Omung Kumar wants feisty, bold actress to play Sarabjit's sister in biopic
Kumar was spotted at Sarabjit’s sister Dalbir Kaur’s house in Patiala. He also visited the Wagah border and the small villages near the border along with his team.
The film features actress Aishwarya Rai Bachchan, who will be seen playing the role of Sarabjit’s sister Dalbir Kaur. The title role will be played by Randeep Hooda.