Bollywood actor Saif Ali Khan has been in the industry for over two decades and the actor was honoured with the Padma Shri award for his contribution to Indian cinema in 2010. However, this honour was short-lived as the title has now run into trouble after a span of four years. The government is contemplating on taking the title away from the actor after RTI activist S C Agarwal filed a complaint against him on March 14, 2014.
The activist had asked the Union Home Ministry to revoke the honour after Saif Ali Khan was arrested for a scuffle at a plush five restaurant in 2012. Also, according to the complainant, Saif Ali Khan’s name was suggested for the Padma awards by ‘Awards Committee’ but the recommender’s name wasn’t mentioned.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Agarwal claimed that Saif Ali Khan has many cases registered against him and all the recommended names for the Padma honor has to be cleared by several intelligence agencies before being announced. He also mentioned that the name of the recommender should be revealed since giving this award to controversial personalities is disrespectful. Agarwal has also requested to supervise the working of intelligence agencies since he believes that they easily clear the names of such personalities without proper investigation despite media reports claiming otherwise.
The incident in question had taken place in a five star restaurant in South Mumbai where Saif Ali Khan along with his friends Shakeel Ladakh and Bilal Amrohi were arrested for allegedly beating up a South African businessman and his father-in-law in 2012. While the victim stated that Saif and his group of friends caused trouble because he interrupted their party, Saif maintained that the complainant had misbehaved with the women in his group and hence, they decided to defend them. However, in March this year, Saif and his friends were pleaded not guilty of any of these charges.