Bollywood actor Saif Ali Khan has been in the industry for over two decades and the actor was honoured with the Padma Shri award for his contribution to Indian cinema in 2010. However, this honour was short-lived as the title has now run into trouble after a span of four years. The government is contemplating on taking the title away from the actor after RTI activist S C Agarwal filed a complaint against him on March 14, 2014.
The activist had asked the Union Home Ministry to revoke the honour after Saif Ali Khan was arrested for a scuffle at a plush five restaurant in 2012. Also, according to the complainant, Saif Ali Khan’s name was suggested for the Padma awards by ‘Awards Committee’ but the recommender’s name wasn’t mentioned.
Agarwal claimed that Saif Ali Khan has many cases registered against him and all the recommended names for the Padma honor has to be cleared by several intelligence agencies before being announced. He also mentioned that the name of the recommender should be revealed since giving this award to controversial personalities is disrespectful. Agarwal has also requested to supervise the working of intelligence agencies since he believes that they easily clear the names of such personalities without proper investigation despite media reports claiming otherwise.
The incident in question had taken place in a five star restaurant in South Mumbai where Saif Ali Khan along with his friends Shakeel Ladakh and Bilal Amrohi were arrested for allegedly beating up a South African businessman and his father-in-law in 2012. While the victim stated that Saif and his group of friends caused trouble because he interrupted their party, Saif maintained that the complainant had misbehaved with the women in his group and hence, they decided to defend them. However, in March this year, Saif and his friends were pleaded not guilty of any of these charges.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More