Alia Bhatt, who has lent her voice to a song in her upcoming film ‘Highway’, says if she fails as an actress, she will turn to singing. When director Imtiaz Ali asked her to croon a number in ‘Highway’, she jumped at the idea.
“I am not a singer… I think I am a bathroom singer. When I was asked to sing I was excited and thought of trying it (singing) out. A R Rahman sir was very patient with me. If I fail as an actress, I will become a singer,” Alia Bhatt told reporters at the film’s promotional event.
When the team of ‘Highway’ was travelling since it is a road movie, Alia would often sing Rahman’s song ‘Jiya Re Jiya’. That’s when Imtiaz thought of exploring her singing talent.
Music maestro A R Rahman told her to practice and that if she learns singing for two years, she could have her album.
According to Alia, who is geared up for the highway journey in a de-glam avatar with Randeep Hooda, both acting and singing are difficult.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
“I am just two films old when it comes to acting and it’s my debut as a singer with ‘Highway’. For me both are difficult,” she said.
“When I was recording with Rahman sir, I messed up a few times but that is ok…it happens. I did not know anything about singing…I did not know how to sustain my breath, but later on I learnt with the help of Rahman sir,” Alia added.
‘Highway’, produced by Imtiaz Ali’s Window Seat Films and presented by Sajid Nadiadwala, will be released worldwide by UTV Motion Pictures on February 21. The film is set in six states and captures the journey of two completely opposite persons who come together by fate.