Alia Bhatt, who has lent her voice to a song in her upcoming film ‘Highway’, says if she fails as an actress, she will turn to singing. When director Imtiaz Ali asked her to croon a number in ‘Highway’, she jumped at the idea.
“I am not a singer… I think I am a bathroom singer. When I was asked to sing I was excited and thought of trying it (singing) out. A R Rahman sir was very patient with me. If I fail as an actress, I will become a singer,” Alia Bhatt told reporters at the film’s promotional event.
When the team of ‘Highway’ was travelling since it is a road movie, Alia would often sing Rahman’s song ‘Jiya Re Jiya’. That’s when Imtiaz thought of exploring her singing talent.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Music maestro A R Rahman told her to practice and that if she learns singing for two years, she could have her album.
According to Alia, who is geared up for the highway journey in a de-glam avatar with Randeep Hooda, both acting and singing are difficult.
“I am just two films old when it comes to acting and it’s my debut as a singer with ‘Highway’. For me both are difficult,” she said.
“When I was recording with Rahman sir, I messed up a few times but that is ok…it happens. I did not know anything about singing…I did not know how to sustain my breath, but later on I learnt with the help of Rahman sir,” Alia added.
‘Highway’, produced by Imtiaz Ali’s Window Seat Films and presented by Sajid Nadiadwala, will be released worldwide by UTV Motion Pictures on February 21. The film is set in six states and captures the journey of two completely opposite persons who come together by fate.