The release date of ‘Daawat-e-Ishq’ has been shifted to Sep 19 from Sep 5 and the film’s lead actress Parineeti Chopra clarifies that she is not responsible for the change.
“This is the producer’s decision, Adi’s (Aditya Chopra) decision. The marketing team at Yash Raj Films came up with a brilliant marketing idea and they needed time to execute it,” the 25-year-old said here Tuesday at a Whisper event.
“A September 5 release was very early and even a week’s delay didn’t leave us enough time for the promotional strategy. So, we pushed it ahead by two weeks,” she added.
There were reports that Parineeti wanted to avert a clash with her sister Priyanka Chopra’s film “Mary Kom”, which is set for a Sep 5 release.
“Why would I tell Adi and why would he listen to me? I don’t have that kind of power and it’s absolutely ridiculous,” Parineeti Chopra said and added Priyanka is a senior actress and there cannot be any competition between them.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
“She is my sister and I love her. I have no plans to fight with her or compete with her. She is a senior actress and a lot ahead of me, I can never compete with her,” she said.
Directed by Habib Faisal, “Daawat-e-Ishq” stars Aditya Roy Kapur in the male lead.