The release date of ‘Daawat-e-Ishq’ has been shifted to Sep 19 from Sep 5 and the film’s lead actress Parineeti Chopra clarifies that she is not responsible for the change.
“This is the producer’s decision, Adi’s (Aditya Chopra) decision. The marketing team at Yash Raj Films came up with a brilliant marketing idea and they needed time to execute it,” the 25-year-old said here Tuesday at a Whisper event.
“A September 5 release was very early and even a week’s delay didn’t leave us enough time for the promotional strategy. So, we pushed it ahead by two weeks,” she added.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
There were reports that Parineeti wanted to avert a clash with her sister Priyanka Chopra’s film “Mary Kom”, which is set for a Sep 5 release.
“Why would I tell Adi and why would he listen to me? I don’t have that kind of power and it’s absolutely ridiculous,” Parineeti Chopra said and added Priyanka is a senior actress and there cannot be any competition between them.
“She is my sister and I love her. I have no plans to fight with her or compete with her. She is a senior actress and a lot ahead of me, I can never compete with her,” she said.
Directed by Habib Faisal, “Daawat-e-Ishq” stars Aditya Roy Kapur in the male lead.