Indian actor Irrfan Khan has refused a part in a Steven Spielberg film because he didn’t find “enough meat to explore” himself as an actor.
“I felt the character did not have enough meat to explore myself as an actor. Hence, I said no… Else who wouldn’t want to work with Steven Spielberg?” Irrfan said in a statement.
The “Slumdog Millionaire” and “Life of Pi” actor was offered to work in a Spielberg film, which also had Hollywood actress Scarlett Johansson in it.
- Irrfan Khan: I don't understand why two people in love are made to feel weird, guilty
- Irrfan Khan on content-driven films: Audience has evolved, films are not only about entertainment all the time
- Watch the trailer of this amazing HBO documentary on Steven Spielberg
- Would love to explore different shades of love on big screen: Irrfan Khan
- Irrfan Khan wanted to be Amitabh Bachchan, here's how the actor sees himself in Vikrant Massey
- Bollywood does not make good children's films: Irrfan Khan
Sharing that it is more than a dilemma for him to choose or deny films, Irrfan said: “I am at a stage in my career where I am trying my best to surprise my audience with every role and give them some. I am hoping the future holds something so path-breaking and so empowering for me as an artiste that no will not be an option.”