After the transcript of actor Pratyusha Banerjee’s last call to boyfriend Rahul Raj Singh surfaced on Friday, her parents demanded a re-investigation into her alleged suicide case. The transcript hints that the actor was pushed into prostitution and also mentions that she was getting death threats.
Indianexpress.com spoke to Neeraj Gupta, the lawyer of Pratyusha’s parents, about the reason behind a re-investigation and Rahul’s claims that Pratyusha’s father called her a ‘prostitute’. This is what he said.
1. The demand for a fresh investigation.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
“They did not focus on certain aspects from where they would have got evidence. But they left them intentionally. The chargesheet is also not proper. They have only done investigation as a formality. Things like the time of death and Rahul said he was with her at the time of her death. His version is different from what actually transpired. Also, there are a few differences between what he said and what the chargesheet says. Why weren’t these discrepancies investigated?” Gupta said.
2. The transcript reveals that Pratyusha said she is getting threats from someone.
Gupta said that they want a probe into the matter. “The third person who Pratyusha mentions and says she is getting threats from, who is that person? What secrets did Pratyusha have that she was so scared?” he pointed out.
3. The call details hinted that Rahul was forcing her into prostitution, which is why “she was tensed.”
Gupta added that Pratyusha’s father did not need to give any justification over Rahul’s allegation that he called his daughter a prostitute. “Whatever he is saying, he doesn’t have any evidence to support it. He is twisting the fact. If one reads the transcript it is clear who she is referring to while talking about prostitution. So, we don’t need to give any justification for that,” the lawyer said.
4. Pratyusha did not even allow her parents into her house. They had no clue if she was being forced into prostitution.
“As far as parents are concerned, the father, who used to give tuitions to earn his living, how would he say such a thing about his daughter? Also, Rahul never let them meet Pratyusha. She had herself asked them not to come to her house. So, they did not know anything. Rahul and Pratyusha used to live together and her parents used to object to his activities and then he asked her not to call them to the house,” he said.
5. The parents are in a state of shock after they read the transcript.
“They are very hurt. They can’t even think something (like prostitution). People of a dignified family will never call their daughter something like that. It wasn’t as if they had no money before Pratyusha started earning. They brought her up so they had enough money,” he said.
While Pratyusha’s suicide case has remained a mystery ever since her demise in April this year, the latest call details have revealed some shocking things. More than simplifying the investigation, it has made it more complex.