How Shraddha Kapoor said no to Yashraj’s bikini clause, could make a great screenplay. But then, life is often stranger than fiction. And Shraddha Kapoor made her choice when she walked out of Yashraj Films into Mahesh and Mukesh Bhatts’ Vishesh Films to Aashiqui 2.The rest, as they say, is history.
But behind the historic success of Aashiqui 2, there is a story of conflict and dilemma.
Apparently, Shraddha, who was at that point of time tied down to Yashraj Films and had already done a film Luv Ka The End with the banner, was expected to do two more films with them. “It was at this point of time that Shraddha was offered Atul Sabharwal’s Aurangzeb from the Yashraj banner. It was the role of Arjun Kapoor’s moll along the lines of the one played by Parveen Babi in Deewaar. The character was not only required to do many love-making scenes with Arjun, she also had to wear a bikini for a sequence,” says a source.
Shraddha politely but flatly declined the offer. The role was eventually played by Salma Agha’s daughter Sasha Agha. And we all know how much the role and film benefited Sasha.
Says the source, “Shraddha knew the character had nothing much to do. But since she was reminded of the loyalty that she was required to show to the banner, she’d have probably agreed to do the role, were it not for the excessive nudity, love-making and kissing required for the part. Since Shraddha has a very strong sense of self-censorship, she politely but firmly declined the offer.”
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
Apparently, Aditya Chopra did not take too kindly to Shraddha’s firm stand on the matter. Yashraj has not offered Shraddha any role since then. We hear the actress now intends to clear the air with Aditya Chopra at the earliest.
“For no other reason, except to dissolve the bad blood between them. Shraddha doesn’t need to be anxious about work anymore. She’d love to work with Yashraj. But not if it means getting into a bikini,” says a friend of the actress.