Sajid Khan seems to have recovered from the box office disappointment of ‘Himmatwala’ and the director even tricked journalists into mourning for his last release.
‘Himmatwala’ was the remake of 1983 hit Bollywood film of the same name and starred Ajay Devgn and Tamannaah Bhatia in the lead roles. It hit theatres last year.
Sajid, who was in the city to promote his upcoming film ‘Hamshakals’, walked to the press area and asked the media to stand up and keep silent for two minutes, saying, “There is an untimely demise of someone”.
When the two minutes were over, the director quipped, “That was for my last film ‘Himmatwala!”
Also Read: Kareena taught me how to pout for ‘Humshakals’: Saif Ali Khan
Sajid, who is generally very confident about his projects, admitted that he went wrong with the remake of Jitendra-Sridevi starrer.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
“It was never my kind of film. It was my favourite film in my childhood but recreating the 80s era was not my cup of tea and even the action. Since Ajay (Devgn) and Vashu (Bhagnani) were excited about it, so I made it. But after its failure I learnt that I should not do anything else other than comedies,” Sajid said.
The 42-year-old filmmaker said he wrote the script of ‘Humshakals’ to cope with the debacle of ‘Himmatwala’.
“It was supposed to be an action film but it turned out to be a tragedy. Just after five months of the film, I started writing the script of ‘Humshakals’. I wrote a very funny script and I feel it is one of the funniest films of my career,” he said.
‘Humshakals’ is an out-and-out comedy that stars Saif Ali Khan, Riteish Deshmukh, Ram Kapoor in triple roles besides Tamannaah, Bipasha Basu and Esha Gupta. The film was shot only in 70 days, he said.