National Award winning actress Priyanka Chopra,who will be essaying the role of Olympic Bronze medalist Mary Kom,visited the boxer’s hometown Imphal to get first hand information.
The 30-year-old actress,who has been taking notes on Mary Kom’s life,was guided by none other than the player herself. Priyanka tweeted: Road tripppp! Interiors of Manipur r so full of character..with #MaryKom as my travel guide..anything
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
- 24 Maoists Killed In Encounter In Odisha
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
The movie is about the journey of Mary Kom from Manipur who went on to become five-time world champion.
Priyanka,who has undergone a rigorous training for her portrayal of the boxer,is in the northeastern city to learn closely what went into the making of champion Mary Kom as we know her.
She tweeted: Champions r made from tuff stuff!! Learning from the champ herself!
Priyanka,who was well received by Mary Kom’s family,also visited Mary Kom’s Imphal haunts to learn more about her.
— PRIYANKA (@priyankachopra) July 15,2013
After a quick trip to Imphal,Priyanka Chopra is now back in Mumbai to resume shooting of the Sanjay Leela Bhansali film.
The movie,which is being directed by Omung Kumar,went on floors this June.