Director Mohit Suri took the vibe of festival of lights Diwali to Dubai for a scene for his forthcoming film ‘Hamari Adhuri Kahani’. Suri says after the sequence the crew felt like they were at home.
Suri recreated Diwali and also got firecrackers for the shoot. Post the shoot, the entire team bonded with each other and they even got the hotel staff to celebrate this sequence with them, read a statement.
- Vidya Balan – Emraan Hashmi starrer ‘Hamari Adhuri Kahani’ was almost titled ‘Tum Hi Ho’
- When Mohit Suri recreated Diwali in Dubai
- How ‘Zaroori tha’ became vital for ‘Hamari Adhuri Kahani’
- Emraan Hashmi, Vidya Balan shot for ‘Hamari Adhuri Kahani’ in sandstorm
- When Vidya Balan was slapped thrice by Rajkummar Rao
- Vidya Balan, Emraan Hashmi’s ‘Hamari Adhuri Kahani’ trailer out on May 4
“The team had worked really hard to light up the entire hotel and had organised firecrackers too. It was feeling like Diwali that night. Vidya was trying her hand at rangoli, fully dressed in a traditional attire. We were shooting our song ‘Humnava’ and the script demanded that it was Diwali,” Suri said in a statement.
The director added that the “entire Indian crew felt closer to home as they had shot for a long time outside India”.
“We bonded post the shoot. The entire crew chilled together. It was great that the entire team that believed in the story, the film were hanging out. It was a nice moment for us all,” he said.
The film is a love story that tries to define the true meaning of loving someone selflessly. It also stars Rajkumar Rao and will hit theatres on June 12.