It was a surreal moment for VJ-turned-Bollywood actor Ayushmann Khurrana when he was called upon to mentor the contestants in the upcoming season of ‘India’s Best Cinestars Ki Khoj’. He says that it was the same show that rejected him many years ago when he came for audition.
The 29-year-old, who came into the limelight after winning the second season of “MTV Roadies”, recollects how he was rejected for the show just because of his unconventional looks.
“It was the spring of 2003 when I auditioned for season one of ‘India’s Best Cinestars Ki Khoj’ and I was rejected,” Ayushmann said Thursday at the press conference to launch the show along with actress Parineeti Chopra and director Vijay Krishna Acharya.
“It’s quite surreal that I am on the panel as friend (and)as a Bollywood buddy (friend) this time. I remember in 2003 I was this nerdy looking thin guy with spectacles. (I was) not six feet tall conventional hero. But that was ten years back,” he added.
However, he says now the film industry’s doors are open to everybody who has a decent amount of talent.
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swam Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
“Now times have changed and it is the golden era of Indian cinema. We have gone beyond nepotism. This is the time where anybody with decent amount of talent can be an actor,” said the actor, who made a successful Bollywood debut with 2012 film “Vicky Donor”.
“Doors (of Indian cinema) are open for everyone. This is the golden era of Indian cinema and anybody can be an actor,” he added.
The third season of “India’s Best Cinestars Ki Khoj” will go on air on Zee TV soon. While it will be judged by Sonali Bendre and Vijay Krishna Acharya. Hussain Kuwajerwala will be seen as a host.
Besides Ayushmann, Parineeti will also be seen as mentor to the contestants on the show.