Megastar Amitabh Bachchan has revealed how he once went missing on a crowded railway station thanks to his fascination for trains.
The 71-year-old actors, who is the son of noted poet Harivansh Rai Bachchan and Teji Bachchan, reminisced the journey he used to undertake from Allahabad to Karachi to meet his grand parents. Amitabh Bachchan was two-year-old when the incident took place.
“I think the train journey would take two days then from Allahabad to Karachi, where my Grandfather, a Bar-at-Law from England in the early 1900’s was living. On returning from there, the station where our train had to change, in the rush of the crowd and the passengers, suddenly my mother discovered that I was not with my father, whose hand I was supposed to be holding.
“Panic! My parents ran all across the platform screaming my name asking if anyone hasd seen a two-year-old… After some endless waiting and desperation, a passenger came by and said he had seen a boy standing on the over bridge that connected one platform with another and below which all the trains tracks would pass,” Big B posted on his blog.
“Rushing to the site, my parents found me happily sitting on the floor of the bridge, my rather long legs even at that age, dangling off the railing, watching intensely the trains passing by,” he added.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
The ‘Bhoothnath Returns’ star said he still watches them but now those moments take him to his childhood days.
“I still watch them… And perhaps with not so much intensity, as nostalgia…,” Amitabh Bachchan said and posted a picture of him watching a train from a rooftop.