Amitabh Bachchan delivered his first speech in Marathi while inaugurating the Shilpkar Charitrakosh here, saying that grasping the language is “difficult but not impossible.”
Big B along with Maharashtra Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis inaugurated the Shilpkar Charitrakosh at the Deenanath Theatre in Vile Parle on Tuesday.
- Dabboo Ratnani Calendar 2018 launch: Abhishek Bachchan, Rekha, Manushi Chhillar and others in attendance
- IFFI 2017: Akshay Kumar calls Amitabh Bachchan Bollywood’s ‘angry young man’, Big B filled with gratefulness
- Amitabh Bachchan’s full speech at 26/11 #StoriesOfStrength
- At 26/11 memorial, Devendra Fadnavis calls for unity, Amitabh Bachchan says don’t vilify the foe
- Amitabh Bachchan and 6 others get notice from BMC for illegal construction
- Bachchan to read poetry at Marathi meet
What marked the event special, apart from its artistic, cultural and traditional value, was the speech given by 72-year-old.
“Trying to speak in Marathi, it is difficult, but not impossible. This is my honest try and please do forgive me for incorrect pronunciation. I do understand Marathi but speaking is out of practice. I love Mumbai and Maharashtra,” said Amitabh during the event.
The entire Marathi film fraternity along with senior political leaders were present during the book launch.
“Mumbai gave me everything. Fame, name, work, wife and kids, so when I got the invitation to launch this book, I had to come” added Amitabh.