Anees Bazmee’s “Welcome Back”, which is scheduled for a release December 19, will no longer be released that Friday now that Rajkumar Hirani’s Aamir Khan-starrer “P.K.” is releasing on the same date.
Anees Bazmee is not interested in creating an unnecessary and unhealthy competition. “My producer Feroz Nadiadwala wants us to stick to our December 19 release date. But I see no point in a box office tussle. I’m going to convince him to opt for another release window,” he said.
It isn’t as though Bazmee is not confident of his film. “I’ve my own audience. But why get into an unnecessary tussle at the box office? It is bound to damage one or the other film. I’d rather wait for another opportune Friday.”
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
“Raju Hirani is a very fine writer and director. On top of that, he is back with his ‘3 Idiots’ leading man Aamir Khan. So there’s bound to be fireworks at the box office. Why take the risk of getting burnt?”
The director is currently recording an additional song for the film which he will film in due time when the film’s entire cast – from Anil Kapoor and John Abraham to Naseeruddin Shah and Nana Patekar – is available to him.
“I am in no hurry. I have no ambition to create a dhamaka (blast) for Christmas. Any Friday will work as long as another big film is not lined up for the same day,” he said.