A major group song-and-dance sequence for Anees Bazmee’s ‘Welcome Back’, scheduled to be shot this week,featuring Anil Kapoor, John Abraham, Shruti Haasan, Nana Patekar and Dimple Kapadia had to be scrapped at the last minute, apparently because the track composed for the shooting was not ready.
Says a source, “Since the song is to be film on a bevy of A-listers composer Anu Malik, producer Feroz Nadiadwala and director Anees Bazmee wanted the song to be as perfect as it can get, on a par with the other blockbuster numbers like ‘Mera Naseeb Mein’ from Manmohan Desai’s Naseeb and the title song of ‘Amar Akbar Anthony’, or Farah Khan’s ‘Deewangi Deewangi’in Om Shanti Om.”
Like they say, aim big, and you have to slog accordingly.
Says Anees, “We all felt we were not getting that kind of grandeur in the sound that would justify the presence of Anil, John, Nana, Dimple and Shruti in the same frame. So rather than shoot with an under-whelming song we decided to postpone the shooting of the number until March-end when we are sure to get the track that we want.”
Getting all the busy stars together again in March is easier said than danced. Anil has apparently expressed his inability to spare dates later. Efforts are on to somehow co-ordinate all the stars’ dates in March-end or April.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
Sighs Anees, “Luckily for us we have time. Feroz wants to release ‘Welcome Back’ on Christmas day. So even if we shoot the song later during the year there will be no delay.”
In the meanwhile Anees leaves with his entire cast for a month-long schedule in Dubai from March 10. “We are all there, plus Naseeruddin Shah Saab who replaces Feroz Khan also joins us in Dubai this time.”
The last time Naseer, Anil and Nana got together in the same film was for Vinod Chopra’s ‘Parinda’. And that wasn’t such a happy occasion. Says Anil, “I’ve always gotten along well with both Nana and Naseer. They are moody. But I am not.”
Ab dekhna hai how well Naseer and Nana get along together this time.