A major group song-and-dance sequence for Anees Bazmee’s ‘Welcome Back’, scheduled to be shot this week,featuring Anil Kapoor, John Abraham, Shruti Haasan, Nana Patekar and Dimple Kapadia had to be scrapped at the last minute, apparently because the track composed for the shooting was not ready.
Says a source, “Since the song is to be film on a bevy of A-listers composer Anu Malik, producer Feroz Nadiadwala and director Anees Bazmee wanted the song to be as perfect as it can get, on a par with the other blockbuster numbers like ‘Mera Naseeb Mein’ from Manmohan Desai’s Naseeb and the title song of ‘Amar Akbar Anthony’, or Farah Khan’s ‘Deewangi Deewangi’in Om Shanti Om.”
Like they say, aim big, and you have to slog accordingly.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Says Anees, “We all felt we were not getting that kind of grandeur in the sound that would justify the presence of Anil, John, Nana, Dimple and Shruti in the same frame. So rather than shoot with an under-whelming song we decided to postpone the shooting of the number until March-end when we are sure to get the track that we want.”
Getting all the busy stars together again in March is easier said than danced. Anil has apparently expressed his inability to spare dates later. Efforts are on to somehow co-ordinate all the stars’ dates in March-end or April.
Sighs Anees, “Luckily for us we have time. Feroz wants to release ‘Welcome Back’ on Christmas day. So even if we shoot the song later during the year there will be no delay.”
In the meanwhile Anees leaves with his entire cast for a month-long schedule in Dubai from March 10. “We are all there, plus Naseeruddin Shah Saab who replaces Feroz Khan also joins us in Dubai this time.”
The last time Naseer, Anil and Nana got together in the same film was for Vinod Chopra’s ‘Parinda’. And that wasn’t such a happy occasion. Says Anil, “I’ve always gotten along well with both Nana and Naseer. They are moody. But I am not.”
Ab dekhna hai how well Naseer and Nana get along together this time.