For the moment, it looks like Shah Rukh Khan and Sanjay Leela Bhansali are all set to clash at the box-office with their respective films, ‘Dilwale’ and ‘Bajirao Mastani’ set for a same day release (December 18).
Talking about the impending clash with ‘Dilwale’, Krishika Lulla of Eros told The Indian Express.com, ” As a producer who wouldn’t have a preferred a solo release? I am sure they (Dilwale) would have also preferred the same.”
Krishika also said that there are no plans of pulling out at the moment to avert a clash. “Everybody has a right to come at their own time. We had announced our dates earlier.”
When asked if there has been any communication between Eros and SRK to get dates changed, Krishika said, “I am sure talks must have happened.”
- Dilwale takes edge over Bajirao Mastani, gets an occupancy of 70 per cent on opening day
- Dilwale, Bajirao Mastani: SRK-Kajol, Deepika-Ranveer's movies are today's mega releases
- Dilwale Vs Bajirao Mastani - Bollywood's epic clash on December 18
- Bajirao Mastani vs Dilwale at box office: SRK, Bhansali's face-off again after eight years
- Priyanka Chopra calls 'Bajirao Mastani', 'Dilwale' clash 'unfortunate'
- Deepika Padukone-Ranveer Singh's 'Bajirao Mastani' not postponed, trailer to be out soon
The last time Eros took on SRK at the box office was way back in 2012 when SRK’s ‘Jab Tak Hai Jaan’ clashed with Eros’ ‘Son of Sardaar’ starring Ajay Devgn. Then Eros ended up on the losing side with SRK’s movie getting larger screen numbers than Ajay’s movie. When asked about concerns on taking on SRK yet again at the box-office, Krishika said: “There are so many movies which have come together. So, I am hoping both films do well.”
Meanwhile, Krishika sounded gung-ho about Bajirao Mastani. Talking about it, the producer said, “The movie has three heroes. Ranveer Singh, Deepika Padukone and Priyanka Chopra. Every scene is picturesque. This is one of Sanjay Leela Bhansali’s best movies till date.”