She is one of the few Bollywood stars, who have maintained distance from various digital platforms, and actress Aishwarya Rai Bachchan feels invasion of social media in people’s lives has made them lazy.
Speaking at the India Today Safaigiri Awards here, Aishwarya pointed out people don’t even have time to look to each other because they are busy “using phones”, let alone clean their surroundings.
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
- 24 Maoists Killed In Encounter In Odisha
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
“We are very quick with excuses. Work, routine, lifestyle, social media and the need to be on it 24/7, I had to say this… I have observed, we don’t have time to look at another person and talk to him/her because we are so busy on our phones,” she said.
“So, how many people would actually look around to do the basic things like leaving their phone for a minute and picking a tissue, which is lying on the floor, and putting in the bin? People are leaning on conveniently-attributed lethargy,” the 42-year-old actress said.
Aishwarya, along with Minister of Information and Broadcasting M Venkaiah Naidu and chief executive of the India Today Group, Aroon Poorie, felicitated the winners of the second edition of the Safaigiri Awards.
On the film front, the actress awaits the release of Ae Dil Hai Mushkil, in which she co-stars Ranbir Kapoor and Anushka Sharma. Directed by Karan Johar, the romantic drama is set to arrive in theatres this Diwali, October 28.