Actress Shilpa Shetty has expressed her desire to re-work her two-heroine action film project starring her and Bipasha Basu. “I wanted to make an action film with two heroines. I was going to make it with Bipasha and me before my debut home production film ‘Dishkiyaoon’. It went too over budget. This was four years ago,” Shilpa Shetty, 38, said. (Photos: Bipasha-Harman, Shilpa-Raj double date once again)
“Bipasha had also liked the script… She wanted a final draft. When I was working that time if this was made into Rs 20-25 crore then it would have been viable. But the budget went upto Rs 40-50 crore. That time, we did not have films like ‘Fashion’. It was scary time,” she added.
But she does want to revive the project. “I will revive it in sometime. I think it is the right time to make women centric films,” Shilpa Shetty said.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
The actress-entrepreneur is now looking forward to the release of her maiden home production film ‘Dishkiyaoon’. A story of ambition, revenge and deception, ‘Dishkiyaoon’ chronicles the life of ‘Vicky Kartoos’ as he makes his way to the top, in the uncertain world of gangsters.
The movie stars Harman Baweja, Sunny Deol, Aditya Pancholi and Ayesha Khanna in pivotal roles. Produced by Shilpa Shetty Kundra and Sunil Lulla, ‘Dishkiyaoon’ directed by Sanamjit Singh Talwar releases on March 28.
As a producer it’s Shilpa’s first film and she says pre-planning is a must. “When I was acting in films, that time pre planning was not there. When I started doing films 20 years ago the dialogues were given to us when we were in front of camera. I wonder how we used to work, it was a chaotic environment,” she said.
“Today films are far more planned, organised and marketing strategy has changed. Because of all this (pre planning) things have changed.. problems have reduced. It is best time for filmmakers, actors and everyone,” she added.
The actress-turned producer expects her film to do well commercially, which according to her is like an experiment. “To do action with Sunny Deol will be a safe bet. We don’t have mindless action. We have great characters in the film, it has great dialogues. I took this risk. I liked the gangster story, the dialogues.. so produced it. The characters are real,” she said.
According to the 38-year-old, it was not difficult to convince Sunny Deol for this film as he had liked his role a lot.
“When I went with the script he said why should I do this film, he had not heard the script. I told him if you like your role then only do it… Forget that I have come to you and you know me,” she said.
“He liked the role and hence did the film. He has never played this kind of character I hope people like it,” she added.