Actress Rani Mukerji would love to be a part of women-oriented movies but feels actors are like beggars as they can’t choose much.
Rani Mukerji, who is known for portraying strong roles in her films, is now playing a police officer in upcoming ‘Mardaani’.
“It is great that female-oriented films are doing well. I wish more such films come up and work at the box office so more producers are inspired to make such movies,” Rani Mukerji told reporters at the trailer launch of ‘Mardaani’.
“We actors are like beggars. We never choose, but are chosen by creative people, including directors and producers. I will take up the subjects that are interesting and powerful, which is women-centric I will do it. I hope there will be better roles,” she said.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
Recently, actress Vidya Balan had said heroines usually don’t have much to do in films that centre around the Khan trio (Aamir, Salman & Shah Rukh). However, Rani does not agree with this.
“I love all the Khans. Since the time I did my first films with them like ‘Ghulam’ (with Aamir), ‘Kuch Kuch Hota Hai’ (with Shah Rukh) and others, my role in those films was good. I don’t have any complaint. They are amazing,” she said.
Rani is quite excited about her next release ‘Mardaani’ and says the movie is close to her heart.
“This film is extremely close to us. It is the way of awakening the spirit of ‘Mardaani’. At young age I got to know about Rani of Jhansi and how strong she was. And strong doesn’t mean in terms of physicality, but in spirit. We women are descendants of Shakti. Through this film we are talking about the inner strength of women so that no one takes undue advantage of them,” she said.
“I am inspired by my mother. She is a tigress. From her I have learnt how to be in hold of my actions. She is a very strong personality in the house. We women from Kolkata are known to be strong. My inspiration has been all the strong ladies from my family and lady police officers in real life. I hope this film works,” she added.
Rani says that during her research on this film, she found that women inspectors contribute largely to the society and they are as good as male officers or even better. She thinks one needs to change the perception towards women officers.