Bollywood style diva Sonam Kapoor is all set to impress with her quirky act in the upcoming film ‘Khoobsurat’, produced by Disney and Anil Kapoor Productions.
The film borrows its title from Hrishikesh Mukherjee’s 1980 hit film, which had actress Rekha in the lead role. Sonam Kapoor’s ‘Khoobsurat’, in its essence remains much like Rekha’s film.
The first trailer of the film presents Sonam Kapoor as a physiotherapist called in for the recovery of Prosenjit Chatterjee, who has step into the shoes of veteran actor actor Ashok Kumar for the film.
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
Just as Rekha was a misfit in her sister’s family, controlled by Dina Pathak in the Hrishikesh Mukherjee film, likewise Sonam Kapor is a misfit in the royal family where she is the doctor on duty.
Free spirited Sonam battles the strict royal regime of Ratna Pathak Shah, who plays the royal head.
The basic skeleton of the film remains the same with a new outward appearance to match with the current milieu, a fact, quite evident with Sonam’s styling in the film!
The film also stars Fawad Afzal Khan and Aditi Rao Hydari in lead roles. The remake is all set to hit the silver screen on September 19.