The first trailer of Akshay Kumar and Sonakshi Sinha’s ‘Holiday: A Soldier Never Off Duty’ is out. The trailer which is 3 minutes and 10 seconds long, can be divided into two halves.
The first half of the trailer is about the love life of captain Viraat played by Akshay Kumar who is off duty and is holidaying with his family. Akshay Kumar is seen romancing Sonakshi Sinha, who is no different from her earlier avatars – be it ‘Rowdy Rathore, R… Rajkumar’.
Now, comes the second half of the trailer which is in total contrast to the first one. Akshay Kumar now turns a secret agent, who works for the Indian Army. A role, that has been played by several actors in the past two years.
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
Salman Khan played a RAW agent in the very successful ‘Ek Tha Tiger’ followed by Saif Ali Khan in his home production ‘Agent Vinod’ and more recently John Abraham in ‘Madras Cafe’. ‘Dabangg’ girl Sonakshi Sinha is completely missing from the second half which focuses on Akshay and his work, which is to protect people and keep them safe. With this, we see the trend of ‘secret agents’ cinema coming back.
‘Holiday’ is an action thriller film written and directed by A.R. Murugadoss, the man behind superhit ‘Ghajini’ that had Aamir in the lead.
Besides Akshay and Sonakshi, the movie also has Govinda in a short yet important role. The film has been produced by Vipul Shah and is the remake of Tamil blockbuster ‘Thuppakki’. ‘Holiday’ is slated to release on June 6 and is likely to clash with Ajay Devgn’s ‘Action Jackson’.
Watch the action packed trailer here: