After creating much hype with the posters of Vishal Bhardwaj’s ‘Haider’, the makers have now given us a glimpse of good-boy-gone-bad Shahid Kapoor.
Set against the unrest and snowy landscape of tumultuous Kashmir, the trailer is both dark and chilling with Shahid Kapoor playing the titular character of ‘Haider’.
Having revealed that this is the most challenging role of his career, Shahid Kapoor has not only changed his physical appearance for the film but also said that he had to undergo immense emotional surrender to get into the skin of the character.
PHOTOS: Revealed: Shahid Kapoor goes bald and deadly for ‘Haider’
An adaptation of Shakespeare’s tragedy, Hamlet, ‘Haider’ tells the tale of a man who is out to avenge the death of his father, murdered by Haider’s uncle played by the very versatile Kay Kay Menon.
The beautiful Tabu marks a return to the silver screen after a long time. She plays Shahid’s mother, the helpless widow married to her late husband’s killer. But beware of her expressions! National award winning actress Tabu, who had surprised her fans in Vishal Bhardwaj’s ‘Maqbool’ earlier, has a few shades of grey.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
Meanwhile, ‘Ek Villain’ actress Shraddha Kapoor also joins the ‘Haider’ cast as Arshia, a reporter who falls for the bold Haider. Seen together for the first time onscreen, Shahid and Shraddha seem to share a palatable chemistry as they are caught in a few passionate sequences.
Also starring Irrfan Khan in a special appearance, ‘Haider’ is slated to hit screens by October 2.
Watch the power-packed trailer now: