Akshay Kumar and Sidharth Malhotra, who will be seen together in Dharma Productions’ upcoming ‘Brothers’ fighting against each other, bonded like real life brothers on the sets of the movie. The one thing which became the catalyst in their bonding was Punjabi.
Watch the video here:
In the video, Sidharth and Akshay can be seen having a lot of fun while shooting. The common factor between the two stars is their Punjabi descent and that’s why they took to Punjabi to converse with each other. So much so, that 90 per cent of the times off screen they would be talking in Punjabi and cracking “Punjabi non-veg jokes”.
- Aiyaary Sneak Peek: This Sidharth Malhotra-Manoj Bajpayee starrer looks like a winner. Watch video
- Sidharth Malhotra-Rakul Preet's Aiyaary avoids clash with Akshay Kumar-Rajinikanth's 2.0
- Sidharth Malhotra on Jacqueline Fernandez's pole dance: There were a lot of thoughts. I was longing for more
- 'Brothers' is 'K3G' with Mixed Martial Arts: Sidharth Malhotra
- Sidharth Malhotra’s family is looking forward to ‘Brothers’
- Akshay's Punjabi jokes helped my performance: Sidharth Malhotra
Akshay also tells how Sidharth took utmost care not to him on his face while fighting, but always ended up doing so.
Jacqueline Fernandez, who hardly understands Hindi, used to end up getting confused about what they were talking about in Punjabi.
The adorable duo of Akshay and Sidharth also made “Bhidu” Jackie Shroff a partner in their crimes.
Besides this, Akshay, Sidharth and director Karan Malhotra give a peek into the emotional nuances of the two characters – how Monty (Sidharth) feels left out and enters the ring to prove himself and how David (Akshay) enters after a lot of thought.
Earlier, Karan Malhotra had revealed that for this film, Akshay had to lose 17 kgs while Sidharth had to gain 10 kgs.
‘Brothers’ is the story of two brothers who are pitted against each other. It is an official remake of the 2011 Hollywood movie ‘Warrior’ and is slated to hit theatres on August 14.