Actor Vivek Oberoi says he is keen to produce films that play up the human angle.
“The films that I will be producing are human stories with no commercial objective. I’m a big fan of Iranian filmmaker Majid Majidi whose film, “Children of Heaven” is about two siblings looking for a lost shoe. That’s the space available in Bollywood today, which I want to explore,” Vivek told PTI.
“Company” gave Vivek, who played the role of Chandrakant Nagre aka Chandu in the film, a splendid start to his career in 2002.
Now, there are reports that he will be producing a sequel “Company 2” in which he is keen to act.
- Kiara Advani, Vivek Oberoi and Prashant roped in for Ram Charan’s next
- After Inside Edge, Vivek Oberoi to star in another web series titled A Family
- Amitabh Bachchan, Karan Johar, Aishwarya Rai and others click a selfie with Israel PM
- Inside Edge actor Vivek Oberoi talks about limitations in films, ‘wouldn’t have been able to do what I have done in web-series’
- Films a great tool to give strong messages: Bank Chor actor Vivek Oberoi
- Vivek Oberoi plans to produce films
When asked, he refused to offer any incisive detail and just offered, “There is nothing on paper as yet and we do not have any specifics till now. Having said that, it is something that really excites me. If and when that does happen, I would love to be a part of the sequel. But what we have is far from concrete.”
“Company”, a crime-thriller directed by Ram Gopal Varma is a fictional expose of the Mumbai underworld, loosely based on the Indian mafia organization D-Company, known to be run by Dawood Ibrahim.
The original film starring Mohanlal, Ajay Devgn, Manisha Koirala, Vivek Oberoi, and Antara Mali was a hit and had garnered critical acclaim.