Popular TV actor Ram Kapoor says he does not just want to become a star but a ‘star character actor’ and be recognised on the lines of Pankaj Kapur, Amrish Puri and Boman Irani.
“I wish to reach the level of my idols like actor Sanjeev Kumar. I am talking about character actors. My ambition is not to become star but a ‘star character actor’, who get respect like Pankaj Kapur, Amrish Puri, Naseeruddin Shah and Boman Irani. I look upto them,” Kapoor told PTI here.
Kapoor, 40, who has acted in shows like ‘Heena’, ‘Ghar Ek Mandir’ and others, gained popularity with his portrayal as Jai Walia in TV show ‘Kasamh Se’ and also appreciated for his performance as Ram Kapoor in ongoing serial ‘Bade Achhe Lagte Hain’.
He has also starred in films like ‘Monsoon Wedding’, ‘Karthik Calling Karthik’, ‘Ek Main Aur Ekk Tu’, ‘Udaan’ and ‘Student Of The Year’, but struck gold with his role in Yash Raj’s ‘Mere Dad Ki Maruti’.
Kapoor is happy with whatever success he has achieved both on small and big screen and feels lucky to have made a place in the industry. “I wish to achieve the level of respect and love they (actors Sanjeev Kumar, Pankaj Kapoor) earned, may be in next five or ten years. If I can end my career with lot of respect as a character actor, I will be very satisfied and happy,” he said.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
The actor attributed his success to bit of luck factor as well. “I think no matter how much talented you are, you work hard but luck also matters. I know how lucky I have been. I am lucky that I am a household name,” he said.
“It’s been 15 years that I am in the industry and I know actors who are talented but are (still) struggling,” he added. Having played lead roles in serials, the actor has no qualms playing supporting roles in films. “When I took the decision of getting into films, I was ready to give time and start from scratch. I was not looking for big roles and money in films,” he added.
The actor said he deliberately chose to do small roles in big banner films like Karan Johar’s ‘Ek Main Aur Ekk Tu’ and ‘Student of the Year’, which got him a YRF film ‘Mere Dad Ki Maruti’. He will be next seen in director friend Sajid Khan’s film ‘Humshakals’, which according to him is his big project in Bollywood till now.
Kapoor was in Macau for IIFA awards when Sajid called me to offer film. “He told me over phone about the film and I told him that we will do it. It was when I met him and he told me about entire film, I realised that it is a big project. I said yes to Sajid without thinking,” he said.
Kapoor will be playing a triple role in the film with co-stars Saif Ali Khan and Riteish Deshmukh.