Bollywood actress Tabu says she always wants everything to go well with Katrina Kaif as she is one of the most hardworking actors she has ever met.
Tabu, who will be seen working with Kaif in “Fitoor”, feels the effort the “Phantom” star puts in her performance is endearing.
“I am very fond of her. She is one of the best that people I’ve worked with. Though we have worked only for three days with each other, we had very few scenes together, but I have fond memories of those days,” Tabu told PTI.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Also read: Tabu: Sorry, Mumbai has to suffer me forever
“I always have this feeling of wanting everything to go well for her. I think she is one of the most hardworking actors I’ve known. The kind of involvement, attention, time and effort she puts into her work is really admirable and endearing. She’s had a long journey in Bollywood,” she added.
Tabu will be seen in director Abhishek Kapoor’s romantic-drama “Fitoor” based on Charles Dickens’ novel “Great Expectations”.
The actress plays the role of Miss Havisham as Begum Hazrat in the film. Tabu says the character is still the same with an added emotional layer by Kapoor.
“She has a very heavy aura around her. She is living in her own world. She has no sense of time, stuck in a time warp, that’s why you see her dressed her like that. Almost in a costume, in a house which exists somewhere in the no man’s land, cut away from the world. She does not want to interact with anybody.”
Tabu, however, never felt the role was demanding as she had a good equation with the director which helped her performance.
“The entire experience was so short. Because I wasn’t there from the start, I came at the end. It didn’t feel difficult or heavy. I’ve known Abhishek for a long time. I
don’t know how it would’ve turned out if we didn’t know each other.”
Tabu replaced veteran actress Rekha who was initially playing the role. The “Haider” actress said she did not have much time to prepare for the role.
“We didn’t have time. There was a set standing, I knew the role, the character, Abhishek had spoken to me about it… He sent me the script. I had two days to do all the work…
“We were fighting, discussing, I was colouring my hair with the right shade of red, trying costume. We had to do everything in two days and be ready.”
“Fitoor” is scheduled to release on February 12.