Bollywood actress Tabu says she always wants everything to go well with Katrina Kaif as she is one of the most hardworking actors she has ever met.
Tabu, who will be seen working with Kaif in “Fitoor”, feels the effort the “Phantom” star puts in her performance is endearing.
“I am very fond of her. She is one of the best that people I’ve worked with. Though we have worked only for three days with each other, we had very few scenes together, but I have fond memories of those days,” Tabu told PTI.
Also read: Tabu: Sorry, Mumbai has to suffer me forever
“I always have this feeling of wanting everything to go well for her. I think she is one of the most hardworking actors I’ve known. The kind of involvement, attention, time and effort she puts into her work is really admirable and endearing. She’s had a long journey in Bollywood,” she added.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
Tabu will be seen in director Abhishek Kapoor’s romantic-drama “Fitoor” based on Charles Dickens’ novel “Great Expectations”.
The actress plays the role of Miss Havisham as Begum Hazrat in the film. Tabu says the character is still the same with an added emotional layer by Kapoor.
“She has a very heavy aura around her. She is living in her own world. She has no sense of time, stuck in a time warp, that’s why you see her dressed her like that. Almost in a costume, in a house which exists somewhere in the no man’s land, cut away from the world. She does not want to interact with anybody.”
Tabu, however, never felt the role was demanding as she had a good equation with the director which helped her performance.
“The entire experience was so short. Because I wasn’t there from the start, I came at the end. It didn’t feel difficult or heavy. I’ve known Abhishek for a long time. I
don’t know how it would’ve turned out if we didn’t know each other.”
Tabu replaced veteran actress Rekha who was initially playing the role. The “Haider” actress said she did not have much time to prepare for the role.
“We didn’t have time. There was a set standing, I knew the role, the character, Abhishek had spoken to me about it… He sent me the script. I had two days to do all the work…
“We were fighting, discussing, I was colouring my hair with the right shade of red, trying costume. We had to do everything in two days and be ready.”
“Fitoor” is scheduled to release on February 12.