Veteran actress Waheeda Rehman says she is not keen on working in movies anymore and wants to bid farewell to the film industry.
Rehman, 76, considered one of the most beautiful and talented actresses of Indian cinema, starred in films like ‘Pyaasa’, ‘Kaghaz Ke Phool’, ‘Sahib Bibi Aur Ghulam’,
‘Chaudhvin Ka Chand’, ‘Guide’, ‘Teesri Kasam’, ‘Khamoshi’ among others.
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
- PM Modi Meets New Zealand Prime Minister John Key
- Ex-Arunachal CM Kalikho Pul Left Behind “Secret Notes” Before He Was Found Hanging: Rajkhowa
- Big Relief For Former Karnataka CM BS Yeddyurappa: Here’s Why
- Missing For Three Days, JNU Student Found Dead In Hostel Room
- Bigg Boss 10: Review Of October 25 Episode
- Delhi Government’s Rs 200 Crore Riverfront Plan: Find Out More
- School in Jammu & Kashmir’s Bandipore District Set on Fire
- Ajay Devgn On The Making Of Shivaay: Exclusive Interview
- Bodies Of Maoists Killed In Malkangiri Encounter, One Of The Biggest Such Operations
“I don’t want to do (work). I want to say bye (to films). How long to do (act) there are others also (they should do it). I don’t know who (which filmmaker) wants to work with me. I have played mother, grandmother, now what else to do,” Rehman said at an event here last night.
She would next be seen in ‘Vishwaroopam 2’, a spy thriller, written and directed by Kamal Haasan. The film is simultaneously being made in Tamil and Hindi. It is the sequel to ‘Vishwaroopam’ (2013) which had Haasan in the lead.
“It is a guest role, actually not even a guest role… just come and go. I have shot for it already. It was nice working with Kamal Haasan. He is very good, very intelligent and a very talented person. It is in Hindi and Tamil, I have spoken in Tamil also,” Rehman said.
When asked what keeps her busy apart from acting, the actress says she travels a lot, reads, meets her friends and cooks occasionally.
Waheeda has been part of cinema since 1950s and continues to work even today, but in selected films. She was last seen in Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra’s ‘Delhi 6’.
“There are lots of changes in film industry today like there are much braver, bolder and different subjects being made. Technically things have improved a lot which is a good thing…it is a healthy change,” Rehman said.