Veteran actress Waheeda Rehman says she is not keen on working in movies anymore and wants to bid farewell to the film industry.
Rehman, 76, considered one of the most beautiful and talented actresses of Indian cinema, starred in films like ‘Pyaasa’, ‘Kaghaz Ke Phool’, ‘Sahib Bibi Aur Ghulam’,
‘Chaudhvin Ka Chand’, ‘Guide’, ‘Teesri Kasam’, ‘Khamoshi’ among others.
“I don’t want to do (work). I want to say bye (to films). How long to do (act) there are others also (they should do it). I don’t know who (which filmmaker) wants to work with me. I have played mother, grandmother, now what else to do,” Rehman said at an event here last night.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
She would next be seen in ‘Vishwaroopam 2’, a spy thriller, written and directed by Kamal Haasan. The film is simultaneously being made in Tamil and Hindi. It is the sequel to ‘Vishwaroopam’ (2013) which had Haasan in the lead.
“It is a guest role, actually not even a guest role… just come and go. I have shot for it already. It was nice working with Kamal Haasan. He is very good, very intelligent and a very talented person. It is in Hindi and Tamil, I have spoken in Tamil also,” Rehman said.
When asked what keeps her busy apart from acting, the actress says she travels a lot, reads, meets her friends and cooks occasionally.
Waheeda has been part of cinema since 1950s and continues to work even today, but in selected films. She was last seen in Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra’s ‘Delhi 6’.
“There are lots of changes in film industry today like there are much braver, bolder and different subjects being made. Technically things have improved a lot which is a good thing…it is a healthy change,” Rehman said.