Since a wave of comedy films is upon us with new releases like ‘Fugly’ and upcoming ones like ‘Humshakals’, we decided to conduct a poll on the top Bollywood comedy films of all time.
We are posting a total of 15 Best comedy movies but only top 10 will make it to our gallery, so please go ahead and vote and we will take only those movies which you have voted for.
Gol Maal (1979): Hrishikesh Mukherjee’s ‘Gol Maal’ is considered to be one of the finest comedy movies of all time. The film had the very talented Amol Palekar and Utpal Dutt along with Bindiya Goswami.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Jaane Bhi Do Yaaro: Kundan Shah’s comedy film tackled the serious topics of Indian politics, corruption, bureaucracy in a different way.
Chupke Chupke: Featuring a stellar cast of Amitabh Bachchan, Jaya Bachchan, Dharmendra, Sharmila Tagore, Om Prakash, Usha Kiran, David Abraham Cheulkar, Asrani and Keshto Mukherjee, ‘Chupke Chupke’ was a sure winner with its incredible storyline and music by S.D. Burman. Dharmendra won the hearts of many with his shudh Hindi part in the movie. Amitabh Bachchan as the Botany professor are some of the memorable roles from the movie.
Munna Bhai MBBS: Sanjay Dutt won hearts with his endearing portrayal of a don who takes up medicine.
Padosan: Based on a Bengali story, Jyoti Swaroop’s ‘Padosan’ was a laugh riot, which was the tale of a simpleton played by Sunil Dutt, who falls in love with his neighbour, Saira Banu. Mehmood and Kishore Kumar just added their own comedy tadka to the movie. And who can forget the famous song ‘Aik Chatur Naar’.
3 Idiots: Aamir Khan’s ‘3 Idiots’ was not only a full-fledged comedy with an emotional streak but also had a message engrained in it.
Chennai Express: Shah Rukh Khan and Deepika Padukone delivered a huge hit when they starred in Rohit Shetty’s film about a man who falls in love with the daughter of a South Indian don.
Bombay To Goa: Known for its catchy tunes and also said to have been Amitabh Bachchan’s big break, ‘Bombay to Goa’, is a romantic comedy where a woman on the run falls in love with a man during their bus journey to Goa.
Chashme Badoor: Starring Farooq Shaikh, Deepti Naval, Rakesh Bedi, Ravi Baswani and Saeed Jaffrey, the film revolved around the antics of a group of college students who do not return home for their summer vacations.
Angoor: Based on Shakespeare’s play, The Comedy of Errors, Gulzar’s comedy flick, tells the tale of two pairs of identical twins who are separated at birth and the confusion that ensues on their meeting in adult life.
All The Best: Yet another comedy courtesy Rohit Shetty, ‘All The Best’ starred Sanjay Dutt, Ajay Devgn, Fardeen Khan, Bipasha Basu and Mugdha Godse in lead roles.
Welcome: Anees Bazmee’s comedy multi-starrer with Akshay Kumar, Anil Kapoor, Nana Patekar, Katrina Kaif, Paresh Rawal, Mallika Sherawat and Feroz Khan revolved around a don who is on the lookout for suitors to marry his sister.