Actor-comedian Vir Das, who is also known for his witty singing performances with Alien Chutney, is gearing up to launch his first album with his band.
Vir has already started recording for the album, which would consist of eight songs in the comedy rock genre. The album will release next month.
“We spend a lot of time in the studio getting the album together and collaborating with some great musicians across different genres. It’s going to be a part of an album release and also a part of a very huge concert tour throughout the country that Alien Chutney is going be doing at various festivals and cities.
- Comedian Vir Das wraps up 2017; Twitterati love his biting sarcasm
- Vishal Bhardwaj to give first live performance at NH7 Weekender
- Vir Das was a guest on Conan's show and he was unapologetically funny
- Vir Das to open Hardwell's gig in India
- After Bollywood,Vir Das back as stand-up comedian
- Vir Das turns singer for Go Goa Gone
“I’m really excited and I managed to get a really great group of musicians in a room,” Vir said in a statement.
Alien Chutney is a comedy-rock band comprising Vir, Sidd Coutto, Gaurav Gupta, Warren Mendonsa and Kaizad Gherda.
The band has songs like “Manboob”, “Say nah India” and “Tadka” to its credit.