Stand up comedian-actor Vir Das will travel across 11 Indian cities, including Chandigarh, Coimbatore, Bengaluru and Jaipur for his Unbelievablish show starting on April 19 in Kochi.
Unbelievablish is written and performed by Vir, who narrates stories from his life in it. However, they may or may not be true. It is for the audience to decide what is true and what’s not. An attraction will be that if you guess the true or false sequence of his stories, then you get a refund of your ticket.
- Vir Das becomes the first Indian comedian to get a doctorate honour
- Comedian Vir Das wraps up 2017; Twitterati love his biting sarcasm
- Vir Das was a guest on Conan’s show and he was unapologetically funny
- Vir Das all set to perform in Hong Kong for charity
- Vir Das writes an open letter after cops shut down his stand-up show in New Delhi
- Comedy Central
“My concept for the show is very simple and interactive. I wanted to do something interesting where I could move away from a straight jacketed stand up show and get the audiences completely involved in it.
“Thus, through the course of the show, when they are not in splits, there is a continuous True/False meter ticking in their minds while identifying with my act and continuously evaluating them,” Vir said in a statement.
“Also what makes this show really special for me is that for the first time I am embarking on such an ambitious 11 city tour across the country hoping that people unbelievably believe in me and keep the spirits going,” he added.
The actor, who has featured in movies like “Delhi Belly” and “Go Goa Gone”, is also working on “Mastizaade”.