Actor Vir Das will be speaking fluent Punjabi for his upcoming Bollywood outings ‘Santa Banta’ and ’31st October’.
The 36-year-old stand up comedian, who is taking Punjabi classes to ace the language, is playing a Sikh in both the films.
“It was fun learning Punjabi, I now have another language in my list and I always like doing a character by completely being engrossed in it, there is no half way,” Vir said in a statement.
- Playing father was tough: Vir Das
- Vir Das’ ‘intense efforts’ to play a Punjabi engineer
- Vir Das plays intense role in ‘Jaane Kyon’
- Vir Das plays a Sikh character in two films this year
- Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra inspired Vir Das to become an actor
- Boman Irani suffers knee injury on sets of ‘Santa Banta’
Comedy movie “Santa Banta” features Boman Irani and Neha Dhupia in lead roles besides the “Go Goa Gone” actor.
“31st October”, based on the 1984 riots, stars Soha Ali Khan opposite Vir. It is a true life story of a Sikh family.